Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day thanks to my wonderful husband.  I got to sleep in, then woke up to an omelet, hash browns, and fruit for breakfast.  I opened a few gifts.  Ian got me a case for my straightener and a movie.  The boys made me cute cards.  Talia gave me the gift of taking a nap before church.  And my in laws gave me a nice card with gift cards to Target and itunes.  I took a long shower and we got ready for church.  Davin sang with the primary for the first time and did a great job.  He was so cute standing up on his tip toes to see and he kept looking at me the whole time.  Weston was an old pro and knew all the words to the songs.
Talia on Mother's day before we left for church
After church we came home and rested for a bit before Ian made dinner.  Weston wanted to help with dinner, but he got distracted with writing out the recipe for spaghetti with mizithra and wasn't much help after all.  We had spaghetti with mizithra, Caesar salad, and fruit for dinner.  And chocolate cake for dessert.  It was all delicious and I didn't have to clean it all up, so it tasted even better!  If you really want to make spaghetti with mizithra some time, here is Weston's recipe.  And have a delicious day!   ;)
 
By the end of the day the kids were getting a little restless so we went out side for a little while.  Talia loves her swing and the boys took turns with a squirt gun and hung out with Papa on the hammock.  After the kids were in bed we watched Oceans 13 before going to sleep.  It was a very relaxing day.  Thanks Ian!
Monday the boys went to school and Ian went to work, so it was just Talia and I and Papa.  We spent the morning eating breakfast at Mimi's and then doing a little shopping at Target.  Just my kind of morning.  After we picked up Davin from preschool it was time to say goodbye to Papa and take him to the airport.  We had such a fun weekend visiting with him and so appreciate his help with moving our stuff!

Unrelated, but funny.  Talia gets uber upset when we take things away that she wants or aren't fast enough on getting her food, etc.  This is her tantrum sad face.  It happens more often than I care to think about.
This picture is from this morning.  Davin really wanted this picture of him on the blog.
 I went to Shopko this morning to pickup a water play table for Talia for the summer that was on sale and ended up scoring some great deals on the clearance stuff I found!  I also had a coupon, which means I only paid $42 for the water table, a skort for Talia, a Superman onesie for the new baby boy, 4 boxes of candy, 2 boxes of Triaminic thin strips, 1 box of Cloraseptic throat drops, a tub of Enfamil formula, and a bottle of Similac liquid formula.  Not bad at all.


3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I always love your display of deals. It's truly an art form!! Also, cute little Talia and her tears. There are just tears when you are the baby (ask Mel) ;-). That picture with Jim and the boys is quite cute. They look so content! Can't wait to see you all!!!

Kate said...

Happy belated mother's day Shannon! Glad you had such a good one!

Pamela said...

That recipe was the cutest thing ever! I am still smiling from reading it. Cute Kids Shanna! Cuties!