Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Preschool & Kindergarten Graduation

I cannot believe how quickly this school year seems to have gone by.  I kind of am in shock that the kids are done with school.  Today was their last day.  This morning when I told the boys to go put on their shoes they came back and asked if I would take their picture for their last day of school.  I had to oblige.
 
They both put on little programs with their classes and got certificates from their teachers.  Davin's program was this morning.  He told me he was going to sing me songs.  Davin is a loud singer.  I never would have guessed it of my little soft spoken guy, but he is the one you can hear over everyone else in the video.  He was cracking me up.  They sang 8 songs, put on a little play of the 3 Little Pigs (Davin was a wolf and knew all his lines), then their teacher gave them a folder with all of their stuff in it and a little diploma along with a treat bag.  They served donuts and tang at the end.  It was quite fun.  We had a wonderful year in preschool with Miss Tami and Miss Tina.

Yeah, he's special.  And he has a cold.  
 
 
 
After preschool I took Davin out to lunch at McDonald's.  He had a blast but didn't eat much (no surprise there).  Ian met up with us to eat then headed home to get a little work done there before going to Weston's Kindergarten program with us.

Weston's program also consisted of singing.  They sang lots of songs.  And the Kindergartners were much better, more focused singers than the preschoolers.  I loved watching Weston do all the movements.  He's such a ham.  They sang a couple sweet songs too that made me tear up.  I was feeling kind of emotional about my baby being done with Kindergarten and heading into the big kid world of 1st grade.

After the music, Weston's awesome teacher gave each student a Miss Butler's Favorite Student Award.  She put specific things on each kids certificate that said why they were her favorite.  Weston's said "Weston Bowles is Miss Butler's Favorite Student because he writes number stories with negative numbers and because he and I have so many fun talks about Harry Potter."  :)
They ended with a slide show with a picture and quote about what each kid wants to be when they grow up.  Then there were pictures of all the fun activities from the year.  It was very well prepared and fun.
I have been so very grateful for Weston's amazing Kindergarten teacher this year.  He learned a lot and really enjoyed going to school all year.  Fingers crossed we get so lucky next year at his new school!  Happy Summer!

2 comments:

joyous said...

Hahaha!!!! That little Davster IS special. He did a great job singing and was way better than the head banger in the back row. I also love his spiky hair.

And congrats to Weston for graduating from kindergarten!!!! He is going to love 1st grade too. Thank goodness for wonderful teachers. I love the favorite student awards.....negative numbers...HA! Weston is a smarty pants!

Good luck packing this week!

Liz Smith said...

they're getting so big!!!! so fun. they are such cuties.