Davin is one cool kid. He is also super sweet and easy going. He is my creative, go with the flow child. He loves coloring and playing with building sets (Lego's and Zoobs are favorites). Davin is loving Kindergarten this year and is learning so much. He picks things up quickly and knows his stuff. He struggles with using his time wisely and staying on task, which means that he often doesn't complete his assignments in class. It's frustrating for me, but his brain just doesn't deal with time the same way most people's does. He tells me that his teacher does time too fast. And I tell him that his teacher does time the same for everyone and the other kids finish their work. :)
Anyway, he recently became part of the 100 Club at school. That means that he can count to 100. He actually was able to do this last year, but they are just now testing for it at school. He was pretty excited to get that cool 100 to bring home. He came home and counted to 200 for me just to let me know he could. Go Davin!
Once Weston finished up with soccer it was Davin's turn to do a sport. I thought he would enjoy gymnastics, so we did a couple of trial classes at different gyms then I let Davin pick which one he liked. There were pros and cons to both.
First we tried Gymcats, which was quiet and empty at the time he went. It is literally two minutes from our house. The class was pretty small. It was all girls except Davin. It also is the most expensive place we looked at. Davin had a blast at that class, but I had completely forgotten how terrified he is of heights. When his teacher put him up the beam he started crying and trying to cling to her. She had him try a lower one for a little while then put him back on the big one at the end and he was ok. I reminded him it's all about trying new things and that everything is padded at gymnastics so he doesn't have to worry about falling.
These photos are from his Gymcats class. Davin was more flexible than any of the girls in his class.
The next week we did a trial class at Jump Up Gymnastics. It's about 10 minutes away and the class was later in the day. It was an all boys class with boy coaches. It was a huge class (9 kids!) but they had three coaches. They got to do some of the men's apparatus, like the rings and the parallel bars. He even practiced jumping off the vault springboard. He had a lot of fun at this class and ended up choosing to do the all boy class. It's pricing is a little more reasonable. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the drive, especially once it starts snowing. I am thrilled that Davin has found something he is enjoying that will help him learn new skills and overcome some fears.




2 comments:
Super fun!! I think he'll love being in the boy class with the boy coaches. :) Mimi's class is mostly girls...I think there are one or two boys, but there are three coaches also and one is male. So fun to do the different apparatuses (?...apparati?) Whatever!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/bank-terbaik-di-indonesia-untuk-menabung
Post a Comment