Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Wednesday night we carved our pumpkins.  The kids still needed a lot of help scooping and carving.  Weston actually did quite a bit of his on his own and said that scooping the guts out was his favorite part of pumpkin carving. Talia and Davin didn't want to touch the insides, but they chose the faces.  Talia's ended up looking a lot like her Mike Wazowski costume. Davin did triangle eyes and pointy teeth.  Weston chose a snake. Davin wasn't feeling great and went to bed right after he carved his pumpkin, but Talia and Weston thought it was pretty awesome that they got to go outside at night to see the pumpkins all lit up.
Halloween morning I took Talia and Beckett up to the school to watch Davin's kindergarten costume parade.  It was fun to sit with all my neighbor friends and wave to our kiddos. After the parade I decided it would be fun to take Talia to IHOP for a scary face pancake since she was all dressed up in her costume. She got lots of compliments on her Mike costume and a kid even came up to say hi to Mike Wazowski while we were eating. We had fun eating at a restaurant. :)

That afternoon everyone napped.  Ian was able to come home a couple hours early, so we ate our jack o lantern pizza and got ready to trick or treat around six.  The kids were really excited to go get some candy! I stayed home with Beckett to hand out candy.
I sat on the porch for the first 15 or 20 minutes while Beckett walked around the front yard and screamed with excitement at all the kids running around the neighborhood. Once we got cold we went inside and I turned on Monster's Inc. for Beckett.  He had a cozy Halloween watching his movie.
Talia only lasted a little while before Ian brought her back home. She was happy to take off her costume and eat some candy.  Davin came home around 7 because he was coughing so much.  Poor kid.  He got lots of candy still though and had a fun day. Weston hooked up with a friend and stayed out until about 7:30.  He had a blast. I think we will have to plan to trick or treat with friends next year.
It was definitely a fun Halloween at our house! And the good news is that the boys chose to sell their candy at our dentist's candy buy back, so we don't have it kicking around tempting us anymore.  The boys said getting money for their candy was totally worth it, so we will likely be doing that again next year!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Clever dentist. . . I've never heard of that. How much did they get?? Looks like a very successful Halloween :-)

Tara said...

That's cool about the buy back, we will have to look into that next year. Justin and I totally eat our kids halloween candy. We actually did the Jimmy Fallon joke on Kyle and it was really mean. He totally lost it. We felt like big giant jerks. Poor kid.

Um, Beckett will watch a movie?! Jealous!! I wish I could have that option for Micah. He is killing me right now. He's so cute but so... whiny. I feel like he follows me around all day crying. It's a fun phase.

Oh and the Jack-o-lanterns turned out super cute! Love Talia's, it's fun!