We had a pretty chill New Year's. That evening we met up with our friends, the Matagi's, for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. It was kind of nuts since we have so many kids, but still a good time. The kids get along so well and have a blast together and Tara and Justin are always good company. :)
After dinner we all headed to the Nickelcade for some game playing fun. The kids took off and spent all their nickels playing fun games. They each got enough tickets for a few little prizes too. Talia was obsessed with the little ride corner so that's where I hung out most of the time letting Tal ride the rides over and over again. I won her some tickets so she could get a couple candies at the end. Definitely a fun way to party and send off the old year and ring in the new.
We got home at 9:30 and put the kids all to bed. Ian and I stayed up and watched 42 after they were asleep. We rung in 2014 quietly with a little Martinelli's and some kissing. Maybe next year we will let the boys stay up.
New Year's Day we took the morning slow. Once we were all ready we headed out on our annual New Year's shopping trip for a new calendar. It was kind of a bust. Ian and I both found calendars we liked, but the kids were just tired and whiny/pouty, so we pretty much just drove to the bookstore, got our stuff and drove home. The babies napped that afternoon.
I am looking forward to this coming year. I have plans for small improvements in my life and hopes for good things. Happy New Year!




1 comment:
That sure is a lot of children in that picture of you and Ian and your friends!! I counted to make sure it was just 8 ;-) How did that happen that you have so many little ones? I love it!!!
Post a Comment