Monday, January 6, 2014

Work Hard, Play Hard

Work hard, play hard. That was the running theme during our Christmas break, which I kind of stole since it's my mom's life's motto. ;)  We relaxed and didn't do much the day after Christmas except play with our toys some more. Ian and Weston had several good games of chess. We also opened and played Headbanz. 
Friday Ian had to go into work for the afternoon, but first he came with me to the doctor's for Talia's 3 year old check up and Beckett's 15 month check up. They are both doing great. Beckett had to get some shots, but calmed down pretty quickly. They are both growing and healthy. Here are their stats:
Talia 3 Years Old
Height: 34.5 in., 5th %ile
Weight: 25lbs. 2oz., 5th %ile
Head: 19.3 inches
Beckett 15 Months Old
Height: 30 in., 15th %ile
Weight: 19lbs. 9oz., 3rd %ile
Head: 18 inches
We spent a lot of time cleaning out and organizing our home. We did the basement storage areas, the front closet, our master closet, the entertainment center, and the laundry room. The basement was our biggest project. We went through boxes we hadn't opened since we moved into this house a year and a half ago, got rid of trash and donated a bunch of stuff we don't need anymore.  It was nice to get it all organized.  We ended up with several empty bins and boxes. And most importantly we know what is down there and where it is! I also have lots of room now for my "food storage" (aka all the extra food I buy on sale that we go through over time). It was a productive break.
Talia just wanted to play with all of the stuff we were putting in the DI pile
Our cleaned out closet (my side)
I LOVE the necklace hanger my dad made for me for Christmas!
Even the kids were in on the organizing! Not by choice, of course, but still.  Sunday night Ian told Weston he needed to clean out under his bed. And to stop eating candy in bed (apparently there were a lot of wrappers under there). Weston's response? But that's how I've stayed alive.  Haha. Needless to say it got cleaned up the next day. As a reward for cleaning and organizing their room and desk I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese that afternoon. The boys took their tokens and disappeared.  They blew through those tokens so fast! They had fun though and got lots of tickets for lame prizes. Beckett was fascinated by the rides and lights.
The boys in their freshly cleaned and organized room.
Ian had worked again that day so he met up with us at Chuck E. Cheese for the end of the outing and took the kids home while I took his car and ran some errands. I returned a phone case I had bought but didn't love to Target, then went to the Apple store at the mall and got one I really like. I also popped into DownEast to check out their clearance sale and got a few things. Including a cute pair of earrings for $.60 and this striped shirt for $3. After my fun shopping I did all the grocery shopping.  Less fun, but still nice to do without kids in tow.

1 comment:

Aunt Betsy said...

You just have little peanuts for children don't you!! I"m starting to get excited to see them again!! I'm also excited to see all your tidy corners of your house too!