Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Me Party

On our way home from Jump On It last Friday Ian texted me to see if I wanted to go out with a friend that night.  It turns out all my friends were busy, but I still kind of wanted to go out, so I headed out to shop on my own.  It was super fun.  I went to Old Navy to shop for some new work out clothes.  I was down to only one pair of bottoms, so it was time. Every time I'm at Old Navy I always have to check out their clearance too. I found so much great stuff. It was so fun to shop for myself. I ended up getting 3 workout tops, 3 workout bottoms, 4 regular tops, a cardigan, and a pair of pants for Tal for $118. Gotta love Old Navy. Plus my parents helped pay for part of that with my Christmas gift card. Thanks Mom and Dad! You know I always love the gift of shopping! :)
Here are a few modeling selfies cause I had to show my sisters and Mom what I bought. 
Other than that not a whole lot was happened that first week back at school.  Lots of staying home since it is cold. And lots of playing with friends. One day Talia had her friend, Greta, over for the afternoon. I wasn't sure how they would do since in the past Talia hasn't been too good at getting along with other little girls, but I was so impressed at how well they played together! They had a blast! They played toys in the basement nicely, they played in Talia's room with her doctor kit and her babies, they watched a couple of shows (and Tal was even nice about letting Greta pick ones she had never watched before like Barbie), and they watercolored, which was a big hit.
Davin also got to play with his buddies from church and school, Cole and Ella (they are twins). They hadn't ever been over to our house before, but one snowy day Davin went over to their house and played in the snow and then they all migrated over to our house. They got cold after a little while so they came inside and played in the basement and had lots of fun. We are so lucky to have so many sweet neighbor friends and to have them all live so close! I love our neighborhood.
Of course Beckett was kicking around during all of this. He is getting so big and he wants to be involved in all the big kids' fun. Luckily he is a pretty mellow baby and doesn't bug the big kids. He just likes to be in the same room as them and play with toys. Weston and Davin are both really good about keeping an eye on him when he follows them to the basement, which I appreciate since there are always stray Lego's floating around.
Beckett and Talia have been early risers lately. Tal is up at 6:15 almost every day and lately Beckett has been joining the crack of dawn party.  I'm always bummed when Beck wakes up early too because he's still to little to sit in front of a show while I go back to bed. Sigh.
Hopefully their schedule will trend to sleeping a little bit later soon. Other than that I have been busy working out! Got my New Year's motivation going and it feels so good. I have still been going to Zumba on Wednesday and Saturday. I also added a new class I'm really liking called Cardio Sculpt on Monday nights. It's at the gym where Davin does gymnastics and my friend, Nicole, has been going with me. It's being offered for free this month, but I think I'll get a punch pass there so I can keep going next month too. It's a great workout and changes every week. The other exciting fitness thing is that our neighborhood got together and worked out a deal with the Legends Fitness Center right by us, so Ian and I decided to join. It was too good a deal to pass up. Only $16/month included daycare! I am excited to try their Turbokick class. They offer Zumba a couple nights a week too. So far I've only taken Sundays off this month. If I can't make it out I hop on the elliptical in the basement. It's not as good of a workout, but it's better than nothing and it buys me 30 minutes to watch a show while the kids play. :) 

This is the first year in a long time that I didn't actually sit down and write out goals for the new year, but I have them firmly rooted in my brain. I was trying to keep it simple. One goal for each area of my life: mind, body, spirit, family. I'm obviously working on exercising regularly and eating better to go along with that. I am striving to be a better scripture studier this year and have started reading the Book of Mormon with a great study guide. It's completely manageable and inspirational and gives me a place to start if I decide to dig deeper. If you're interested you can get it HERE. My family goal is to unplug more often. I haven't completely fleshed out a plan for this. So far I'm just trying to keep a handle on limiting the kids and my own screen time. As for my mind . . . my goals are to learn to play my ukelele (there's a summer workshop I'm looking at) and to take an online Spanish class. I'm feeling good about not stressing myself out with too many goals, but I like to have a specific direction to take. Wish me luck this year as I strive to be a little better than last year. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TOTALLY awesome 16 dollar a month deal for a gym INCLUDING child care! Wowee! Good for you, since that goes right along with your goals!