Weston was so excited that he turned 8 in time to be in scouts for the Pinewood Derby! We had to hurry and get a car together. Before the baptism weekend Weston sat down with Ian and figured out what he wanted his car to look like. Ian emailed the main body cut to Grandpa Bob and he cut it with his saw and then brought it with him when he came for the weekend. While grandpas were here Weston worked on sanding his car and painting it. He put the finishing paint touches on it the day before the derby. Ian helped him put on the wheels with his drill the night of the derby.
Ian took the boys to the Pinewood Derby while I took the little ones to the dino museum. I just figured we would all have more fun that way, but in the end I was disappointed I wasn't at the Pinewood derby since Weston's car did awesome! He won every heat he raced in and ended up winning the overall fastest time! Woohoo! Not bad for his first car! Ian took the boys out to for a celebratory shake at JCW's after the event. Weston was SO excited and got a cool trophy he could put his car, Shadow Striker, on to display.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago





2 comments:
"Shadow Striker", huh? Sounds so cool and sleek! I'm sorry you weren't there to see his amazing races too!! Such a fun start to his scouting career!!
Okay, so I'm just now getting caught up on your blog...I can't believe Weston's in Scouts already! I'm glad he did well and had fun at the derby. And that baptism post made me tear up!
Post a Comment