Thursday, June 5, 2014

Gymnastics Meet

Jump Up gym held an end of the year exhibition meet for Davin's gymnastics class. It was fun to see him show off the things he has learned over the past few months. It was also a nice way to end his "season" since he will be taking the summer off. He might join back up in the Fall, but right now he needs a break. 
Davin is still leery of heights and opted out of the flip on the rings, but he did do the entire high bar routine, including the flip! Way to go Dav! I think his favorite was the floor. He did an awesome handstand into a front roll. He was so excited to get a "medal" too. After the meet he told me, "Mom, I didn't think I would win this but I did!" Haha no need to remind him that everyone got the same medal. :) I'm proud of him for sticking with it even when it was hard and scary. Good job Davin!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I would have loved to see him in action! He is so cute!!

Jules said...

He looks so little hanging from those rings! too cute! I am with mom, I want to see some of his tricks. Maybe at the reunion.