A little shout out to my adorable, sweet, green thumb, singing Grandpa Snowball. He had a massive stroke Thursday morning and I'm not sure that he will ever be quite the same or even be around for us too much longer, but I love him so much and have learned a lot from him and his wonderful example. I love that he has maintained such an amazingly beautiful yard and house plants until probably the day before the stroke. I love that he has a way with kids and taught us "Mr. Johnnery Beck," "A You're Adorable," "I Love you a Bushel and Peck" and countless others that I dont even know all the words to. I love that he is always interested in what we are doing and is subtly encouraging and so proud of me. I love that he has such a great attitude about life that really showed through when he fought and won his battle with cancer at 80 years old. I love that he has such strong, quiet faith in his beliefs. I love the way he interacts with his wife of 60+ years and did/does all he can to care for her when she was hurt. He is a wonderful man and grandfather. I can't wait to see him when I fly to CA tomorrow and I hope that we can keep creating more memories and that my sons will get the chance to really know him.

Grandpa and I--summer '05

My 85 year old Grandpa riding the alpine slide in Park City--fall '05

Me and Weston with Grandma and Grandpa--February '07

Grandpa playing mini, mini with Weston in Park City--fall '07

Grandma and Grandpa Snowball--Snowball Family Christmas Party 2007
4 comments:
I love all your pictures!! My favorite is the one of you and Grandpa, that is sweet. Hope you have fun these next couple days, can't wait to see you!!
Shannon, What great pictures. I think we are all a little devastated. I am so glad you get to see him so soon!
Seeing grandpa today was one of the hardest things I have ever had to witness. It was pretty shocking when I walked in. I am going to miss the grandpa that we grew up with. It is hard for me to say goodbye to that stage of life.
hey shannon,
what great memories of your grandfather. i'm sorry to hear about his stroke, but am glad that you are at least able to go and see him. it definitely brings you peace to be with those you love when they are struggling with their health. i will keep your family in my prayers! is their last name really snowball or is that a nickname? because i think that would be the coolest last name EVER!!! :)
Post a Comment