I am not what I consider an overly creative or artsy person, but I do enjoy doing paper crafts and scrapbooking and they usually look pretty cute. I don't do it too often because I just don't want to get all the stuff out and have to put it away halfway through a project, but this weekend I was working on some basic stuff for church and I had so much fun just sitting at the table and listening to music and making cute handouts and the invitations for our YW New Beginnings. It almost motivates me to do a mini scrapbook for Weston. I even have a pre-put together set of paper, stickers and mounts for a baby boy scrapbook that I got at Weston's shower (thanks Tori!), so my only excuse is that I would have to print pics. :) My poor second child has little hope of ever getting a cute scrapbook since Weston doesn't even really have one. Oh well. I was feeling pretty proud of my final products and thought I would share.
My handout for YW on Sunday about discovering and fulfilling our purpose in life.

The invitation for New Beginnings
7 comments:
shan,
those look so cute! i'm the same way, i put off getting everything out and it seems like such a project but once i start doing it i have so much fun!
Very very cute! Way to go on the handout and the invitation. I LOVE doing paper crafts too. Don't feel bad if you dont' get a book done for you kids. I have decided I am going to do these on-line books like you made for your parents when you announced you were pregnant. One family one per year. I think I can pull that off, but I just don't know that I could scrapbook one. Good luck doing yours though!!
You have been a posting queen! Love the invites. And that is sad about Ian working so much. I'm not looking forward to giving our lives away to a Public Accounting firm this Fall! But at least jeff is doing Tax and that is more office work than travel. Also those pictures of Weston doing the cookies are soo cute.
Your handout totally beats mine for this past Sunday's lesson!!! Super cute and fun. We really should have done invites for our New Beginnings too. I hope yours goes well, that theme is so versatile and fun. I'll call you this week again, for sure. :)
Really cute, especially because you tried to pretend your not artsy...what is artsy if not able to do cute things like these. please.. :D
I can't believe how big your little Weston is, and that the next Bowles is so soon to arrive. So excited for you! It all just gets better and better
So cute! Way to go. I think the fact that you come from the Snowball family pretty much guarantees a little craftiness. You can't deny it!
Very Cute! I think that you should go digital fro scrapbooking. It is the best, no mess!
Post a Comment