I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day yesterday! There were several possible dampers to my day of love, but it still turned out pretty fun. First of all we woke up to about 6 inches of snow and since Ian was already running late for work he didn't shovel at all, just powered out of the driveway, so before I could leave in the morning I had to shovel the walkway by the car so Weston could get in without being hip deep in snow. That was a little difficult, but we managed. I took Weston to story time at the library and he had a blast singing and dancing and sorta listening to stories, then he made a valentine for his daddy with green yarn. We then went on a hunt for a heart balloon. 2 dollar stores later we managed to come home with a cute valentine's balloon, which he played with all afternoon. I also decided to really get in the spirit and make sugar cookies. I forget how much work they are, but they're so delicious. Ian was having a rough day at work and had to stay until almost 1am working on a project, so Weston and I went and visited him last night and brought him some of our cookies and his valentine. I missed having him home last night though. Overall a very fun Valentine's Day. Maybe next year I can actually think ahead and make valentine's for everyone on my list! Love you all!

The piled up snow in our front yard.

Posing with his balloon.

Weston had a good chat with Lizzie (literally for about 10 minutes).

He didn't really like helping much, just eating.

The finished product. My back was killing me but today I get to eat them and it's all worth it! :)
7 comments:
What fun Valentine's Day activities. Next year I'll have to try them out!
The cookies turned out so cute. They are alot of work, aren't they!?! I made some at Christmas and kept wondering...what was I thinking?? Because it turned into a three hour project. Sorry to hear Ian had to work late...no fun!
Yummy Yum!! Yesterday mine didn't appeal to me at all, but today, I can't hardly stop eating them. :) You're such a good mom to let Weston help you frost cookies. I barely let my kids put the sprinkles on them. LOL It's sad that I'm such a control freak.
I love the picture of Weston on the phone with his cousins! Jim's going to get skype set up tomorrow on the laptop!
Your cookies turned out SO cute! Really, what is Valentine's Day without sugar cookies? And I love the Weston pictures. That is hilarious that he and Lizzie had such a good conversation. love it! The snow . . .well, all I can say about that is YUCK! Hang in there. It has been one crazy winter for you Utahans huh?!
First of all: way to be very pregnant and willing to make sugar cookies!! they are SO MUCH work. I am impressed. Second: I love the Weston/Lizzy photo--too cute!. THird: I LOVE your new blog! It is so cute. Way to go :)
LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND!!! You and Joy both! So cute!!! I need to sit down and learn how to do these things!
...fun snow.
i have never seen "real" snow before.
Post a Comment