Does anyone else think this may come back to haunt me later?
So, Weston and I have been watching parts of Superman Returns as of late (mostly the part with the airplane, as it is in fact Superman + Airplane vs. Gravity, and not Superman vs. Evil Mean Person). Neither Weston nor the 10-year-old trapped inside of me seem to get tired of watching this 5 minute sequence. Oh, we do also watch the scene where he stops the bank robbers who have the big gun. One might think this violates the original postulate of no Superman vs. Evil Guys....One would, however, be wrong. You see, these would-be bank robbers never say anything...(who knows, maybe they were going to give the money to the orphanage) and they also never actually "fight" with Superman. Yes, they do fire their insane gatling gun at him, and one even shoots him point blank in the eye... (which is totally cool to watch)... but is that really "fighting" Superman? Saying they lost that fight with Superman is like saying I lost the Utah Republican Primary to Mitt Romney (It was the hair wasn't it...I knew it).
Where was I? Oh yes, so we watch these parts of the movie a few times a week. I decided we hadn't ever gotten any really good shots of Weston in the cape my mom made for him, and it was high time we did. (This is about as close to naming any of my offspring Kal-El as I think I will ever get, but I am ok with that). So this evening, after getting home from our movie outing (I will let Shan fill you in on the full days events), Weston and I walked over to the park with camera in hand and cape on shoulders. He was pretty good posing for pictures. After we were "done" he kept the cape on while playing on the playground – informing anyone who would listen that he was in fact Superman. He would also then say "To infinity and beyond."
.....To his credit, Superman doesn't really say anything worth yelling right before he flies off in the movie.
6 comments:
Great pictures Ian!!! My favorite is the top one and also the one that is long ways and you see his shadow. Great job and I love that he has a cape and wears it!!
Your post reminds me of Matt's Superman Cape. Hmmm - I just might have to post something of my own on this subject!
BTW - great pictures!
Great pics Ian!! Weston is such a great boy's boy. You're a lucky daddy. :) Hope you guys had a good weekend.
Grandma and Papa thinks\ that you are so cute! You are our genetically superior grandson! I can tell by the cape! I love Davin's live cam too! Love you and can't wait to see all of you again soon.
Why would it haunt you? However, it might haunt Weston when you tell the story to his friends when he's a teenager. He is so cute and so into the role. I love it.
haha oh Ian! I love your ranting! Weston's the best super Buzz i've every seen!
Post a Comment