Monday, June 2, 2008

Full O' Fun

After our bummer Memorial Day weekend I was determined to plan something fun to do this last Saturday, so that morning we packed up a picnic and headed over to Wheeler Historic Farm. As we pulled up we noticed hundreds more cars than would be typical for a Saturday morning at 10:15am and discovered that there was a classic car show going on at the park adjacent to the farm. We had to park a little further away, but it ended up being a really fun outing.
By the time we left, Weston was kind of a basketcase, but after a long afternoon nap we decided he might be up for some more fun. We went to Cafe Rio for an early dinner and then took Weston to see his first official movie at a movie theater. We went to see "Horton Hears a Who" at the dollar theater. They had booster seats for him and I brought some candy to keep him occupied. He was riveted for about 40 minutes then got antsy and came to me and said, "we all done, Mom?" It was like, um no we have about half the movie left. He still behaved really well and enjoyed it for the most part. Ian and I thought the movie was really fun. So that was our fun-filled Saturday topped off with Weston's visit to the park with Ian for his Superman photo shoot. :)

Driving the blue tractor.
He was quite the chatter box about the brown cow and he could reach to pet his ear, so he told all the other strangers in the vicinity about it.
This was a major highlight of Weston's day. He got to sit in the digger and pretend to drive.
We think he's pretty darn cute.
Weston liked to lean down and say "Hi pig" or "Hi cow" and then wait for an answer. It was pretty funny. I loved that the one brown pig was seriously sleeping in that tub of water.
Davin was a trooper and slept the entire time we were at the Farm.
Weston liked the tractors way more than the animals. There were 3 different tractors that he could climb up on. He sat in every one. He also liked the BIG wheels.
Eating our picnic lunch at the park. It was perfect weather.
Ok, so funny. Weston chased this duck all around the grass for about 10 minutes straight. Finally I told him that the duck didn't want to be caught and he unhappily gave up.
Checking out the baby chickens.
In front of the movie poster at the theater.
This is Davin today. He was just looking so cute and grown up so I had to take some pictures. He is 10 weeks today.

7 comments:

The Curnow Family said...

That sounded like such a fun day. We love how he chased the duck.. we can totally picture it! Ha oh weston! Davin is getting so big! Holy smokes!!

joyous said...

You win....funnest mom!!! What a great day you guys had. I love how they talk to the animals and expect an answer. Our neighbors recently acquired an annoying dog, but the girls had stopped and were saying "Hi Doggie!" over and over. I had to explain that they were actually teasing the dog and to leave it alone.

Sometimes it's just nice to get out of the house and spend some time outside too. I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend.

Great picture of Davin too...his serious face.

Tara said...

Wow that looks like a ton of fun. Wish we could have gone, too! We pretty much sat around our messy house and tried to clean it after being sick all week. But I am finally better and so is Makenzie so I want to hurry and go do something before one of us get sick again. J/K. Makenzie's nose is still running a little bit, so when it's all stopped and she's happy and healthy, I'll call you and maybe we can go to the petting zoo over at Gardner Village. I still really want to do that.
I'm glad you took Weston to that movie. I've been thinking about taking Kenz to that one b/c she really likes Dr. Seuss. Maybe we'll try it!
Loved all the pictures. Love your kids!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, farm, movie and photo shoot. Weston is one lucky boy. I'm afraid Davin is growing up without me. Tell him to stop and stay little!! He is very cute in a different way from Weston. I just love it!!

Love, Grandma B

brie said...

Love Weston's sunglasses that were like strapped to his head! Your boys are so beautiful!

Mel said...

so fun! and don't worry...you are not the only one that thinks your kids are cute! :)

Tasha said...

What a very fun Saturday!! I love that farm park. LOVE IT! I am sure Tanner would have been more obsessed with the trackers too. What a cute idea to take a picnic lunch and enjoy it. YOu totally have me craving Cafe rio now too. Mmmm . . . I really wish we had one of those here in California. And and I have also decided that you have WAY more energy than I do. Way to plan a very fun filled day. Maybe I need to be better at that. Because I think my boys could use to get out more.