By popular demand here is one of my favorite summer recipes. I first discovered it and enjoyed it on a picnic in a canoe that I planned for Ian's birthday the summer we were dating. It is pretty easy and freezes well.
4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1/2-1 c. mayo (however much you like)
1/2 c. chopped green onion
1/2 c. cashew pieces
1/3 c. chopped celery
1 tsp. tarragon
salt and pepper to taste
several croissants
Just mix it all together and spread on croissants (or bread, but croissants taste better) for a fresh summer dinner or a picnic. I usually freeze half if it's just for us and have it again when I really have no time/desire to cook.
**For those of you who I already gave this recipe to, I forgot that I added celery last time and it was good and added a little more crunch, so if you want to add celery go ahead. Sorry I didn't mention it before. :)
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
6 comments:
Thanks for giving mom all your good summer meal ideas. :) I can't wait to try your cashew chicken!!
Hey Shannon! Easy recipe that sounds delicious. Let us know how the Macadamia Nut chicken recipe goes for you and your family.
I can't wait to try it! :)
I remember when you made this when we lived together. Craziness. Just thought I'd tell you that.
Not really craziness. I'd like to correct my comment. I just mean I think I remember when you made it that time for Ian and that was a long time ago. Your famous chicken cashew salad.
Thank you, thank you. My family will be so happy to get this one. They get tired of my chicken summer salad by the end of the hot season. (Right now they can't get enough of it.)
Also, thank you, Bill, for making it so easy for me to go to your blog and find the Macadamia Nut Chicken recipe. It sounds yummy and fattening.
Love, Sherrie
Post a Comment