The amazing Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Swing. It has only been in the last month that he has transitioned to napping in his crib. We still pawn him off on the swing in the early morning when we want a little more sleep. This swing is a lifesaver!
Tiny Love Symphony-in-Motion Mobile. This mobile, which I thought was overpriced when we bought it for Weston, was worth every penny. Both my boys have loved it. Davin would lay and watch it and babble for 15-30 minutes at a time. It can still keep him entertained for at least 5-10 minutes while I help Weston at the potty or whatever. It also sings him to sleep sometimes.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment. Poor Dav had/has really bad eczema and horrible diaper rash his first few weeks. I have probably used about 5 tubes of this in the last 6 months. Nothing else seems to work as well. I also swear by (against my will because it feels nasty on my skin) Eucerin Plus lotion for keeping the eczema away.
I love my boppy. It is the ONLY comfortable way for me to nurse. I still use it to feed bottles to Davin so my arms don't get tired. I also love it for helping him practice sitting up on his own. If he falls it doesn't hurt (unless he nose dives, which happens a lot more than it should).
Gerber Flannel Burp Cloths. These are far and away my favorite burp cloths. Not too big and thick, not too small and wimpy. They are soft, have cute patterns and wash well. I think I have 12 or something and I use them ALL the time from day one.
In addition to all my favorite baby gear (the list could go on, but I named the favs I use on a daily basis, the essentials), the past 6 months would not have been possible without Ian reconnecting me to adult, outside world life and helping out with both the boys. Getting up with Weston when I had been up 3 times with Davin and taking Weston to the park so I could get stuff done in the evenings, etc. Thanks babe. I am nowhere near ready to do this all again anytime soon, so don't ask, but it is kind of sad to see the newborn phase at an end.
14 comments:
Awwwww! That really did go by quickly. He really is such a mellow kid, just hanging out with you and Weston. Loved the baby products. I was just looking at your mobile online yesterday, debating on whether to get it since Rachel's in her crib now. It's still a lot of money, so I'm not sure. I'm going to keep checking ebay too. Can't wait to see the big baby in a few weeks. :)
Hooray for baby convenience items! Our swing was probably the one thing that kept me sane during Mason's colic. I'm sorry you're out of the newborn phase, but I'm sure you're going to have some more little ones and will get your fill when they come along. Talk to you soon!
That was so cute to read! I loved hearing all your favorite baby gear too. I am with you on some of them and others makes me wonder if I need them. :) It really is amazing that Davin is already 6 months old. Times goes faster and faster with each child. When are you coming down again?
Yeah, I can't believe how fast six months goes. Weren't you just pregnant??
That was cool, it was like Oprah's Favorite Things, but Shannon's! Can I make a request for Shannon's Favorite Cleaning and Organizing Things?
Happy Half Birthday to Davin! I've always been trying to get people to recognize my half birthday.
I can't believe he's already 6 months old!! That went by way too fast. We will have his high chair out and ready for him when he comes :-) It will be here before you know it!
6 months seems like such a big milestone, huh? What a cutie patootie. We are big fans of our Boppy(s) too! In fact, Ella got really attached to hers (how some kids do with a blankie) and still has to sleep with it...so Avery has her own. Happy unbirthday Davin!
congrats, you guys (mostly Shannon because I don't know Ian), on 6 months! Davin is a cutie, that's for sure! I agree with comments about your favorites list. Helps me know what things I should probably add to my own growing essentials list.
Wow, 6 months already? Time sure flies. I love all the baby items you posted about. Another friend of mine did the same thing and I think it's great...esp. for a first time soon-to-be mom like me!
He is getting big so fast holy cow!And thank heaven's for the wonderful baby products out there!
I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones who rely heavily on the swing! Ellie sleeps in a swing every single night, and most naps (we're attempting naps in her crib now, but I'm too lazy & weak willed half the time to make her stick with it). I keep worrying she'll get too big for it before she's ready to be out of it!
6 months is such a milestone! it totally is the end of newborn-ness, but he beginning of a little independence for you! so glad to hear davin's letting you sleep through the night (mostly)!
oh my goodness, hes so big!
your boys are so darling, Shannon.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Aquaphor and won't use anything else. It's magic.
Can't believe your little man is 6 months old! He's looking more and more like Weston.
Post a Comment