Yesterday we went to Wheeler Farm for our outing. Much like the petting zoo at Gardner Village, but free. Weston's favorite part is that there are tractors and bulldozers that he can sit in. Screw seeing the animals. He could care less. He also wanted to go play in the shed barn thing, but it was full of pigs, so he was kind of sad. He also totally freaked when a cow mooed really loudly right close by. Direct quote, "Hey that tractor is really huge." He spent the entire time running around and chasing pigeons (when he wasn't driving the tractors). We tried feeding the ducks, but there were too many geese making threatening noises at us, so I pulled a speedy evacuation maneuver. It was pretty fun and gorgeous weather.
Driving the huge green tractor.

Driving the small bulldozer (there was a bigger one right next to it, but he felt more comfortable with this one)

Little farmer

Standing in the "chicken's house"

Chasing pigeons

Angel baby being so sweet in his stroller. He did get to come out and play for a little while.

On the potty training front, I am pretty disappointed that I am admitting defeat in Round 1 of the battle. Rather than having fewer accidents during week 2, Weston had about 50% more. Once I stopped hounding him about it, he didn't seem to want to make it happen, so as of this morning we are back in pull-ups/diapers (I still haven't officially decided which I want to keep him in). We will probably try again in November and see how he does. Anyway, it's kind of frustrating to know that all that effort and craziness was in vain. Big sigh.
Tomorrow morning we are leaving for our trip to Portland, OR for a whole week+, so I will not be back to post pics and whatnot until the 14th. I will miss checking up on y'all, but I'll catch up when I get back. It should be a fun time with sun forecast for the whole week so far. I'm hoping I will actually get to relax a bit and maybe even sleep in one or two days. Wahoo for family vacations. :)
9 comments:
Have fun in Oregon. I hope it stays sunny while you're there :) P.S. I love your 'keepin' it real' post. So I know I'm weird but I actually love going to the dentist. I love the way my teeth feel so clean afterwards!
Sorry to hear about the potty training. It is more work for the parent than for the child and almost as big of an adjustment for the parent as for the child.
i love the concentration on weston's face as he drives the big tractor!
Have a happy and safe trip!
Shannon - I am so glad that I found your blog. I am excited that we can keep in touch. Your boys are darling.
Annette Beckstrand
Yay, vacation!! That sounds so fun. I can't wait to see lots of pics. CALL ME when you get back!!
That park looks AWESOME!! Tanner would be in heaven climbing on all those tractors and trucks! I am glad that Weston had a nice outing and all of you really. I am sorry about the potty training things. It reflects NOTHING of you as a parent. I will just say it one more time: I Hate potty training!! (And I don't even use the word hate very often because I think it is too strong. But, for this I definatly use it!)
PS When you get back make sure to go to my blog and look back to the post where I posted all of Carly's wedding pictures! I know you will want to see them :) YOu may have to go back a few posts though. That is why I am warning you. Look until you find it :)
have so so so much fun!
Post a Comment