We spent our Friday playing at the Discovery Gateway children's museum. It was tons of fun. There were lots of different areas to play in. Weston saw almost all of it in the 3+ hours we were there. This is Weston playing in the water area with ping pong balls and you could move the water "wheel" to make the different vessels move. They also had an old fashioned water pump, a sprinkler and a baby bath (with a plastic doll, of course).

Davin was SUCH a trooper on our outing. He played and crawled around and hung out in his stroller and ate lunch without fussing. All without a nap. He was actually pretty happy to be outside even though it was cold.

On the terrace they have a real
life flight helicopter that you can pretend to drive and a "traffic control" booth and information about careers in the medical rescue fields. Weston thought this helicopter was awesome. It even had a button you could push that sounded like the rotors were starting up and then flying away. This may have been his favorite part of the museum.

This is in the construction zone. It had 2 mini cranes and foam blocks you could haul around and build stuff with. Another big Weston hit.

Davin being adorable, as usual. He enjoyed crawling around and finding any scrap of trash that may have been left on the ground. He also thought the big foam blocks at the construction zone were pretty fun.

There were lots of other fun areas to play in too including a play house with a kitchen and baby room, a farm area with vegetables you could "grow" and a chicken coop to collect pretend eggs,a supermarket with registers, a bird house with kid size furniture that was up in a tree. Also there were magnet building blocks, an earthquake simulator, a network of air hoses that sucked plastic balls up and around the ceiling, etc. Very fun place if you live in the Salt Lake area. It is pricey though. We had a 2 for 1 coupon, so it wasn't too bad, but if you think you are going to go more than once, just get a membership. 6 months for $60. We also took a break for lunch and walked to Jason's Deli. Can I just say that they have the yummiest ranch dressing I've ever tasted? It was interesting hauling 3 moms and 5 kids through the deli, but it ended up being just fine and with free ice cream at the end of the meal, you can't go wrong. All in all a wonderful start to our jam packed weekend.
8 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. My sisters took their kids there last summer and they loved it too.
Cool. So, it sounds like there were other people, right? That Weston is a lucky kid to have such a fun mom!!
great pics of your cute boys! Did you go with Tara? looks like a blast... I want to go!
If money was no object, we would go there ALL the time! Annie loves it! If you want to go sometime, let us know!
I know, I told Justin about our crazy entourage of babies in the deli, we may have stuck out a little bit. That was really fun and you're right, Davin was so good the whole time!
I've been wanting to go there too, but it's so darn expensive! I did find a 2 for 1 coupon and have been saving it for just the right day.
wow that looks like such a cool museum. I can see why you were there for over 3 hours! I would!!
I have never known anyone who takes their kids on so many outings. You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment