Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

We ended up having a surprise visit from my parents this week. They arrived at dinner time on New Year's Eve, so we got out all the party food and started munching. A couple hours later Becca and Alann arrived and the party really started. We had a fun time visiting and watching random stuff on the computer. Weston got all kinds of riled up playing pillow fight. He loves to throw our big couch pillows and even more he loves to have them thrown at his face! I will post the video of Grandpa Bob wailing on Weston when we get it edited.
(I realize that this picture is very blurry but I thought it was a cute shot of Davin partying on New Year's Eve)
We attempted to play Rock Band, but couldn't get it working on the computer, so we ended up playing Scene It. It was fun. Ian and I won, but just barely. The new year arrived in somewhat anticlimactic fashion. We were all pretty tired, but managed a Martinelli's toast. I pretty much have zero pictures from the big event. Sorry.
(This one is a cute pic of Weston from earlier in the day on New Year's Eve cuddling with his stuffed dog, Coo)
On New Year's Day we slept in, sort of. Once we got ourselves up and showered, Mom and I went and did some shopping. We stumbled upon this awesome sale at Dillard's and so we both ended up getting new coats for less than $50! We were on the hunt for brown boots and after hitting 7 stores we finally found some at Kohl's. It was fun. I love shopping with my mom.

The rest of the day we spent watching football and just hanging out. That night we played games and ate more of the party food. On Friday we went our separate ways. Mom and I took Davin to his 9 month check up, while Ian and Dad took Weston to the Hill Aerospace Museum.

Davin's check up went well. He is doing great. He is definitely on the small side and has dropped in the weight percentiles.
Davin Stats:
Height: 27 in., 18%
Weight: 16lb. 8oz., 3%
Head: 50%
He also has low iron, so after his appointment we went to Walmart and I bought all the baby foods I could find that had higher iron content. My goal is to beef him up before his 1 year old check up in March. We are feeding him as much as he will eat. Mom and I went out for breakfast at Mimi's while Davin napped post doctors appointment. It was a nice morning.

Meanwhile, the boys had a blast at the aerospace museum. It was a little bit of a drive since the museum is up in Ogden, but they got there right when it opened and got to see tons of cool planes. Weston was bummed he couldn't go inside them and touch everything, but he still thought it was pretty fun. They also went out to lunch after the museum, but had to follow the constraints of 2 year old eating and ended up at a Carl's Jr. with a playplace.
When we all met back up at home, Mom and Dad packed up, kissed the grandkids goodbye and headed down the road. Even though their visit was only about 48 hours long we had a great time and are SO glad they decided to come and see us!
In other Davin news, he started officially crawling on New Year's Day and is now mobile. He already almost toppled the living room floor lamp yesterday. Time to baby proof! Oh goodie!
Yesterday we went down to BYU for the basketball game against Wake Forrest. We went early and shopped at the bookstore where Ian got a new sweatshirt and then ate dinner at the Cougar Eat before the game. We were still in our seats WAY up at the top a whole hour before the game started. It was a sold out game, so it got really hot up in our section of the Marriott Center. Davin hated all the noise and cried every time the crowd cheered for the first half hour, then he got tired and sort of just dealt with it. Poor kid. We made it 2/3 of the way through the game before we ended up leaving. We all had a good time though. Weston's favorite part was seeing Cosmo (from very afar) and singing the fight song. He is excited to attend other Cougar sporting events.

4 comments:

Tara said...

You guys have been having a lot of fun! You are good at finding fun stuff to do. I've never been to the aerospace museum, we will have to check it out. And we definitely have to go to some byu sporting events too.
I got the email from Sarah too late.=( Sucks, I would have loved to see her, did you get to?
My friend from the ward who wanted to go to the children's museum with us was wondering if we wanted to go on Friday at 9. Also, I forgot that when Justin doesn't come with me, I can bring one person for free, so I said she could use that (since you have a coupon), but if you wanna go again, you can get in for free and just have to pay for Weston. K, I'll talk to you soon!

Tasha said...

So fun that your parents came. I am glad they did it too. Sometimes, even if the trips are short, they are SOOO worth it! I am sure they are glad they got to come too. I love the picture of Weston on the couch with his stuffed bear. So cute. Yea you made it to the basketball game. I know Blake was trying to get back to utah intime to see it.

joyous said...

I love that picture of your boys with Mom and Dad. It turned out so cute. I want one with my girls. I'll have to remember to do that. We watched the pillow fight video with Lizzie and she said she wanted to play that game too. I seriously doubt that, but Weston made it look like so much fun! LOL

Plewe Fam said...

I wish I would have known you were sweltering in the Marriott center along with us! We had just flown in from California, but Tyler insisted we all truck it to the basketball game, we also left early! Congrats on being mobile Dav. Glad you had a fun holidays.