This week has been a little more tame than last week. Not quite as much going on. We didn't even leave the house on Tuesday! So, Davin has really dry skin, ectopic dermatitis (in med speak). It is especially bad on his scalp. Poor kid is constantly scratching his head until it bleeds. I haven't known what to do. Lately I have been rubbing baby oil on his head to help keep it moisturized, but it's hard to work through all his hair. Also it makes him look disgusting, like he hasn't had a bath all week. I decided we needed to cut some of that hair off so we could get to his scalp a little more easily. My neighbor cuts hair and said she would do it for me, so yesterday morning my little baby got his first haircut!
Here he is looking a little nervous before she even started cutting!

He was really good about getting his hairs trimmed, but about halfway through his cut he got a little fussy. He was distracted by the water bottle and made it to the end happily enough.

Isn't he handsome? I think his hair looks so great! I'm glad we did a cut, even if it was for medical purposes.

I also had a first: I decorated a cake that actually turned out cute! For our Young Women (our church youth group that I work with) activity on Tuesday night we learned some basic cake decorating techniques and then decorated little cakes. I found a really adorable caterpillar cake that was made with fondant in a book, but I decided to see if I could do it with just decorator's frosting. I thought it turned out really adorable. Unfortunately it didn't make it home looking quite so cute. It took a spill.

Yesterday after Davin's haircut we headed to the Planetarium with
Dawnie and Mason. Weston liked it a lot this time. He sat through the entire "Secret of the Cardboard Rocket" movie and enjoyed it. Then he had a blast being a "Mars guy" and jumping off the rocks on the display of what the Martian landscape is like. Here is his cheesy Mars Guy grin.

Today I am home with 3 kids. Sigh. It is always a
looong day. It's especially difficult now because Davin will attack the baby if I don't keep a really close eye on everyone. I am looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend home to get some things cleaned up and accomplished.
14 comments:
haha cute!!
I am super jealous of your amazing motivation . . . you guys have been EVERYWHERE lately, the Planetarium, Thanksgiving Point, Discovery Gateway . . . you're like super Mom . . . I have gone on walks the last three days, but before that I don't think my kids saw sunlight for a week!
Good work! :-)
Davin's new haircut is so cute!! Poor guy having such dry skin. Brayden has dry skin too, and it makes it tuff on him. (especially at this time of the year!) It looks like you're having a good week and I hope you have a good relaxing weekend too. I personally hope to have a baby this weekend. Is that asking too much? I doubt it happens though
Davin's hair looks great!! I love it.
Also, holy cow that cake turned out awesome, I can't believe you made that. I'm no good with frosting.
Sorry I didn't get back to you about going back up to the museum tomorrow. Unfortunately my kids got really sick this week (I think maybe from our adventure on Friday - Jarom kept sticking stuff in his mouth and 2 days later: sick). This has been a completely miserable, hellish week for me so as soon as they are better, I will call you and please please go do something with me!
Too Cute---on the haircut and the cake :) Mostly the boy with the haircut is cute.
Love the cake!! And Davin's haircut is really cute. I hope his little scalp can feel better, darn dermatitis. And you are just SOO crafty and fun with your caterpillar! Go you. :)
Jim's on board for D-land, so let's get planning!!!
I am pretty impressed with that cake. You are so talented Shannon!
I am sorry about Davin's dry skin! I hope it gets better. Owen had eczema from about a year old until last winter. He has a little bit now if I don't lotion him up after his bath. The doctors said he would grow out of it and he pretty much did. His ears would split between his head and the lobe. It was so sad. I don't if it is the same exact thing.
Anyway...so are you using the Salt Lake City Pass that gets you into a bunch of local attractions?
Oh my goodness, that is the cutest cake! I want to cake decorate!! That's so cool. I love that you guys have those museums, I love things like that!
Oh my gosh!! that cake looks soo good!! (its also lunch time and i havent eaten yet) but man i wish i had that in front of me! Davins hair cut turned out super cute!! He is seriously adorable!! I love that kid!! I miss you guys!!
Looks like Dad and I will have to jump in the car and head to Utah to see Davin's new haircut. . . J/K!! Wish we could, though! He looks like a big boy with a haircut. You've been a busy girl . . .a haircut, Mars, cake decorating. I walked into Shorreh's to get my bangs cut today (and I had called her yesterday and arranged the time to pop in) and she looked totally surprised to see me. It's great to be 50. So much in life is a surprise. I'll talk to you soon.
So kids can sit still for a haircut? Luke acted like we were cutting off his arm!
Looks like you had a fun week. We have not cut little A hair yet but I keep thinking that I need to do it soon.
aw i love the way little kids look after haircuts! so adorable.
Awww...I love Davin's new haircut! What a handsome little guy!
Post a Comment