I am struggling this week with being patient while waiting for the things I want. Ian and I have been toying with the idea of putting our house on the market to see if it sells. If it does there are TONS of amazing houses that we would love to buy. With interest rates so low right now we could do this all for only a couple hundred dollars more per month. Sigh. Unfortunately we don't have enough money saved up to cover moving expenses and earnest money, etc. I am hoping that post-tax return we can make this a reality because I really want this house.
(3127 sq. ft. in
Saratoga Springs, Harvest Hills)

or this house . . . (2664 sq. ft. in
Herriman)

or this house. (2968 sq. ft. in north
Lehi)

In other news I got rear ended on Friday. That was lovely. Before this even happened Ian and I had decided we were going to start the research/hunt for a minivan to replace my little
Altima. On Saturday while we waited for a table at Olive Garden on our date, we went and test drove minivans. It was fun. I want
this car:

So, with the rear ending, I thought,
hmmm . . . maybe the
Altima will be totalled and we can just get this new car! Not so. I think we will end up repairing the
Altima and then try to sell it or trade it in. In the mean time, I am driving around in a horribly ghetto looking car.
While we're at the wants . . . I want to lose 20 pounds without sacrificing yummy food. Any ideas? :)
18 comments:
Well, well, well.....you could maybe ask for a pony while you're at it too :-) I like the first house with the three car garage and the most sq. footage (as long as your wanting)!! The stroller is great too! Try to win it by Disneyland next month :-) Bummer about the car, but can't wait for the new car!! Remember. . all things come to him (or her) who waits.
Just so you know, that corner house in Herriman, the second picture, two doors down from us!! I say go with that one! :-)
And, for when you guys do decide to move, I just have to tell you we have LOVED Herriman so far!! Even in the winter our street/circle is crawling with kids, and we walked to three different parks last week (and there's at least one more in walking distance . . . and it has water/spray/fountain capabilities in summer!) And I've had people come up to me in the grocery store, the WalMart and the library, and introduce themselves as people from my ward. I'm smitten.
Okay, I had a big huge comment first....and then blogger lost it. :(
So here's the recreation.
Major bummer about your car, I hope you can figure out a way to get the grand caravan, first of all that is a killer deal. (We should have shopped in UT.) And I love mine and I think the silver is cool too.
Secondly, I hope you get a beautiful house, from what Hilary says, Herriman sounds like a great place! I might have to be jealous a little bit, but mostly I'll be super happy for you. ;)
Ditto on the houses.
I have my sights on Herriman. It would be fun together. It would be fun to relive our ghetto lives together in Murray, only super-upgraded this time.
Look into weight watchers points system. My mom does it and I stole her literature. I still get to eat plenty of the good stuff (ice cream every night), and it's slowly working.
Wow those are awesome houses. This is the practical side of me speaking saying do not get in over your head. Both my sisters say minivans are a must. I aggree with the last post wieght watcher is a great program. You may not see fast results but if you keep it up your will keep the pounds off. A teacher I teach with lost 80 pounds with it and it is 3 years later and she has keep it all off.
Eli and I have a hard time not focusing on what we want in the future rather than enjoying what we have now. We wanted to move from our first apartment in Portland from the first day we moved in, but it took 2 1/2 years. But we're in a better place now than if we'd tried to move before the time was right. Doesn't hurt to dream though.
I tell you, Graham and I are obsessed with looking at houses right now online. If only we could afford one right now...
That stroller is awesome, and I can't believe they're giving it away to someone! I didn't comment on it, so you can have a slightly better chance of winning it! My toddler stroller looks very similar to that one cut in half, and it's awesome. I hope you win it! And I hope you can get a bigger house and everything! These are attainable "wants," well, maybe except for the losing 20 pounds without giving up yummy food... let me know if you figure that one out.
A lot of young families that I know are thinking the exact same thing you are. It's one of the best times to buy houses right now. Good luck. Hopefully it will be able to work out... especially since all of those houses are so beautiful!
ohh my gosh i love all the houses!! i really like the first one! I think its gorgeous!! Will it have a spare bedroom for when company comes?! hint hint! haha jk!! Also yayy for a new car. boo on the accident.
Good luck Shannon. All those homes are SOO beautiful!! We are actually looking at buying right now too, but all of our homes are more in the area of what you are living in now, but at least it would be our own. It is fun to be looking and dreaming and working towards things. Actually, we just put an offer down on a house. We shall see what happens. I am really sorry you got rear ended. NOT FUN! And, I think I might go compete for that stroller. That looks awesome!
PS When are you coming for Disneyland???? Maybe we could meet up with you if I am not with too tiny of a baby. We got passes this year.
I love the second house with the front porch. Cute!
That stroller IS pretty sweet.
Good luck with the house hunting, the stroller winning, the car hunt...everything!
Shannon, I feel like we relate on many levels as I read your blog posts. Maybe it's in the name:>
Wow, I hope everyone's ok after the wreck....no fun! And all 3 of those houses are gorgeous! And I hear ya...why is it that it's so hard to wait for things? I much prefer instant gratification.
Wow....those are a lot of wants missy!! ha those houses are beautiful and I'm so excited for you to start that process! That stroller is awesome! I could see Davin and Weston looking way stlyin in it!
Post a Comment