That pretty much sums up our Saturday. It was a long, but fun day. We headed out of the house bright at early at 9:30am and headed over to our friends' house to drop off the kids. Thanks Tara for watching the boys! Ian and I went to a "vacation ownership" presentation. It was about what I expected with some very persuasive salesmen. Luckily we don't have any disposable income or I might have been talked into buying. Anyway, we managed to leave without spending $20,000 and yet, not empty handed. We traded our 2 hours of Saturday morning for 2 round trip airline tickets to CA, 2 nights stay in a hotel by Disneyland and a $40 gift card to Olive Garden. Totally worth it.
After picking up the boys we headed down to Thanksgiving Point (with a quick stop off for lunch). We got our official membership to Thanksgiving Point at the office (THANKS Mom and Dad!) then went and met up with some friends at the Dinosaur Museum. Weston and I had been to the dino museum once before, so Weston knew just where he wanted to go. This did mean that he wanted to race by everything else though. Oh well. It only took us an hour to make our way through the entire place. Still definitely a fun destination that I don't think Weston is going to get sick of any time soon.
Here's Weston with the pajama clad dino in the lobby. They were advertising their museum sleepover. Weston thought it was funny that the dinosaur was wearing a hat.

Me and Weston with the huge shark.

Weston playing at the erosion table. Definitely his favorite spot in the museum.

Ian and Wynn giving you an idea of how ginormous that dinosaur behind them really was!

After the museum we headed back to Wynn and Dawnie's house for some quality hang out time. We made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (see the end of this post for the recipe) that were amazing. Seriously, so good. We had fun using Dawnie's new kitchen aid. Then we made our own little pizzas. They turned out good and we had a good time talking and watching TV together.
Dawnie was proud of her dough. I was impressed too. Probably the best homemade pizza I have ever had.

Ian keeping Davin entertained through his extreme tiredness while I helped Dawnie in the kitchen.

After we got the kids all bathed and in bed we watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the Burton's new blue ray player. It was fun to see that movie again and with such a great picture! Anyway, by the time we finished the movie, watched some Batman bonus features, piled sleeping kids in the car and made it home, it was a very late night. I'm glad that we had such a fun day though. Perhaps by next weekend I will be recovered. ;) I am actually headed off to take my Sunday afternoon nap right now!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. shortening (the Crisco butter flavored shortening sticks are the best)
3/4 c. peanut butter
3 T. milk
1 egg
1 T. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 c. flour
2 c. chocolate chips
Mix everything together in order and then add chocolate chips. Pour 1/2 c. white sugar in a small bowl. Scoop dough out and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the sugar to coat and then place on cookie sheet. Criss cross with a fork (this really does make them taste better). Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. They may not look completely done, but they probably are, so take them out. Let cool and eat in one sitting. ;)
10 comments:
Mmm, I want to try that recipe! Those cookies sound delcious. It sounds like a very busy Saturday just like mine. I am glad it all turned out well and you totally scored getting all those deals from the 2 hour presentation!!!
Yea for coming to California!! When are you coming. We must set the date soon. What about the last week of the month?? That is after concerts, but before Disney Magic Music Days ;-) We helped take ALL of Christmas down for Grandma Snowball yesterday. I think Dad counted that she had something like 18 boxes of Christmas stuff and then wreaths and other bags and misc. stuff. It wouldn't be Grandma's without it all!! Rest up after all your fun!
WE love the Discovery Gateway and the Dinosaur museum too! Have you guys discovered the Salt Lake Pass (I forget it's official name). You buy a pass that gets you into those attractions plus a bunch more for like $30 per person over a three day period.
I like the "eat in one sitting" direction. Very true. They are best enjoyed in humongus unhealthy amounts ;) I had such a good time last night. You guys are awesome and I know it's late when you go, but it's always so much fun. I hope we can do it again soon. The dino museum was awesome! Cya soon
Now that we live further South, we're planning on getting a Thanksgiving Point season pass soon, so let us know when you're heading down and we can meet you there!
we did homemade pizza this weekend too...yum!
Wow, you have been busy. P.S. I'm coming to town for a couple of days in February....let's play!
Score on the time share loot!! I'm so glad that we have d-land to lure you to come and visit. ;) Hope you're coming sooner rather than later!!
Sounds like a crazy, busy, very fun day. Weston knows what he likes and cannot be swayed. I love that boy. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!
Whoa, I didn't know you got the hotel and Olive Garden, too! That is awesome!! I might just have to go for round 4... haha.
Wow, That's so fun. I bought the stuff to make pizza's I just havent' done it! ha maybe for Family night.
Post a Comment