Saturday, May 23, 2009

Deals-Part III

I have been scanning the ksl.com classifieds for the past few days looking for a swing set. While on there I have also been checking for dining room tables since we have only 2 real chairs that don't match our table. I really wanted a set that matched and had 4 chairs. Weston can't sit in folding chairs and I don't want to put the booster seat for Davin on a folding chair either. It wasn't the highest thing on the priority list though, so I was just looking for a sweet deal. Well, yesterday I found it. We got this used (but in really good shape) set for $25. That's right.
The table is a few inches narrower than our old table, but it works for our little family right now. We relocated the set more into the middle of the room. So far I LOVE it. In a few months we will start putting Davin at the table with us too. I listed our old table and chairs on ksl this morning for $20, so we may even end up almost breaking even.

10 comments:

Kate said...

I swear that is the EXACT set we used to have when we first got married. We still use the chairs but obviously needed a bigger table. Man, that is a great deal!

Amy said...

Um...I looked at this picture and thought, hey that looks like our table. And I enlarged the picture and it IS our table! HAHA! We have that exact table. There's not a lot of space but it does just fine! And I think it's pretty!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Way to search out those deals, you frugal mom, you! I think you made off like a bandit! That set looks great!

Liz Smith said...

awesome!!!!! that's a great deal! i'm glad you were able to find something you like. furniture shopping is my current headache...so i know how fun it is to finally find something that you not only like, but that fits in your budget as well. yay! :)

Mom said...

What a sweet, sweet deal and if you get $20 for you old set. . . even better. I think the narrower table will fit better in that room anyway. I'm excited for you too :-) I spent all day at traffic "prison". It was pretty miserable :-( I did like that part in your blog about getting mom something at Gardner Village. Keep up the good shopping!! Right now I'm making cute pillowcases for my choir moms. I'm almost finished with the 4th one and they are so darling!! Kudos to Joy for helping me pick out the accompanying, oh so cute, fabric. I'm so proud of you that you can still give Weston kisses in spite of everything. You are a super Mom!! I'll talk to you tomorrow or Monday sometime. Have a great weekend.

Tara said...

Wow! $25 for a solid wood set? Nice job!

The Curnow Family said...

WOw!!! I love it and I love the price even better!!! haha that's so fun and I can't wait to see you in a month! It was really nice to talk to you!

Hilary said...

Wow, I'm impressed!
I'm thinking that like a year and a half from now I'll want bunk beds for my girls, and I'm starting to think maybe I should start watching KSL and craigslist and stuff now, so I can find a killer deal one of these days and save a fortune! Maybe I should put you on the case, you're having some great luck lately! :-)

Tasha said...

AWESOME!!! That seriously is a sweet deal!! Go you! I want to find a good deal like that but just for a slightly bigger table. We are just hitting where I want a bigger one. Anything under $100 would make me REEEEALLY happy. I should just start browsing through the Loma Linda paper too. Your new table looks really pretty in your kitchen too. Love your wall color by the way. I think the one we just picked out for the majority of the house is similar to that one. love it!! :)

joyous said...

AWESOME!!! What a killer deal you scored. I love the new table. You guys rock at getting deals. I'm way impressed. :) It's so fun to have the whole family around the table. I'm not sure yet what we're going to do with Rachel grows out of her high chair.....hmmmm. Have to think on that. ;)