Monday, May 18, 2009

Do Not Operate Heavy Machinery

Light machinery, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable. Feel free to do all the laundry, dishes, and baking you feel like while on narcotics. I am actually only on ibuprofen at the moment, but wish I was on something stronger. I am feeling pretty good post-wisdom teeth extraction, but certainly not 100% yet. It is my first day on my own with the kids. I hope we all survive. It's 10:15am and Weston is already bored. Not sure what to do with him all day.
I am slightly swollen, but not too bad. No major chipmunk cheeks.
I still can't really eat anything solid that requires chewing. I am considering this a good thing for my weight loss strategy, but I am getting rather hungry. I didn't do much this weekend, obviously. I did go to Sacrament meeting yesterday. It wore me out. I am laying low today, but I'm bored, so if you find yourself with some extra time, call me. :) I planned to be more witty and cohesive in this post, but it's just not coming. I must still be a little out of it. Just wanted y'all to know I'm alive and kicking.

6 comments:

Liz Smith said...

you look way too good for just having had your wisdom teeth out. plus i don't see any swelling which is always a good thing. hope you feel back to normal soon! :)

Mom said...

I agree, you don't look swollen at all. I can't tell you just had major oral surgery. I'm sorry you are bored. I was without my phone all day. Hang in there and drink a smoothie (or is sucking a bad motion for mouth surgery??). I know . . a root beer float. That sounds so good!! Hope you made it through the day :-) I love you!

Lana said...

Alive and kicking and looking way too pretty to have just gotten your wisdom teeth out! Nice hair and makeup :) By the way, does Joy have a blog?

Shan said...

Oh! I hope you start feeling better soon. It's no fun getting your wisdom teeth out. But it's awesome that you didn't bruise or swell!

Unknown said...

beets are great! they are one of my favorite vegetable. This year I'm planning on expanding my repertoire and doing some pickling... we'll see how that turns out. Usually though, I like to eat them sauted in oil or butter with a little salt and pepper. If they are mini beets, you can eat the greens too. But if they are bigger, the greens are bitter. Cut them off about 1 inch above the beet (if you cut too close, tons of red juice escapes and gets all in the pan so they don't cook as deliciously). Some people like to peel them first. To do that you boil them lightly and then just rub off the peel with a paper towel. it'll come right off. I don't mind the peel as long as they are cleaned well. Nothing more unappetizing than dirt in your mouthful of deliciousness. :) If you have a TON of beets, try making Borscht, a traditional Russian soup made from beets and flavored with sourcream and herbs.

The Curnow Family said...

Oh poor shannon!! I hope you are ok! That just does not seem like too much fun. I love that Weston is Bored at 1015! ha