I know that this is all just a part of my job, but seriously, it gets old real fast. I was feeling very alone in it all too. Ian does a great job providing for our family and taking care of things around our house, but he will just never understand this part of my life. It's not his fault. He can choose to help out when he is home, or stay with the kids to give me a break, but I don't get to choose. Even if I am surrounded by other people, I am the one responsible. Sigh. Moms get that. Dads don't.
Luckily we had plans to hang out with friends on Thursday morning. Despite Davin not feeling great we ventured to Gardner Village. It was a gorgeous morning. The kids played and enjoyed the sunshine and feeding the ducks while Tara and I got to talk. I really needed that.
I decided to make Davin a doctor's appointment even though he didn't throw up at all yesterday. Sure enough, nothing wrong. Well, probably a stomach bug or something, but nothing specifically diagnosable or treatable, so just keep doing what I was doing. I'm hoping he will sleep it off today and be back to his normal self tomorrow.
We are working on our yard this weekend. Ian is going to aerate the lawn, then lay grass seed. He has been working so hard all week getting the sprinkler system all repaired and working with a timer! I hope the seed grows and the lawn looks better by the end of the summer than it does now.
Next on the agenda is to clean up the house, eat lunch, and plan a girls night! I for sure could use one. Anyone else up for it?
Things I Need to be Doing:
-eating lunch
-vacuuming
-paying bills
-reading my scriptures
-taking the kids to the park
-taking a nap
-researching horrendous punishments for the 3 year old. ;)
-reading Angels & Demons so I can go see the movie
-folding laundry
Things I Am Doing:
-blogging
-waiting for my egg salad to chill in the fridge
-giving Weston kisses
-taking advantage of Davin napping
-listening to the dishwasher doing its work
-trying to find last night's episode of SYTYCD somewhere on hulu or pirate bay
-worrying
-stretching out my tense muscles
9 comments:
I totally hear you! Greg is SO much help . . . but there's times I wanna shake him and be like, "You just don't GET it! None of this is optional for me . . . this is my every day, all day . . . not a fun afternoon!" We had SO much fun on vacation, but there were times I felt so stressed from that whole 'I'm responsible' angle . . . sure, everyone else thinks it's fun to play with the kids 'til 10PM, and they're being slap happy and cute . . . all I can think of is how much they need their sleep . . . then I'm the bad guy who always ruins all the fun!
You poor thing! I was feeling like that today as Taylor just took off. He never has to ask permission to leave! I have to ask days in advance and make arrangements if I want to go on a walk by myself! This is why I need to live closer. We could complain together. That said, my husband is a marriage therapist, so he actually gets it. I'll be honest, I just got up from a two hour nap :) But still...I can't wait to move closer to our old friends. Tomorrow will be better.
I'm totally up for a girl's night out :-) Unfortunately, it will have to wait until July 24th. I also loved that, "got something for my mom" part too ;-) Hang it there. I'm sorry poop and throw-up is all you've got going this week!! I'm glad you still managed to give Weston kisses though. We're off to the temple. I love you.
awww...im sorry shannon. i know you're doing a great job. i hope your babies feel better soon so that you can feel better too! :)
Yes... motherhood is all about poop and barf, and kisses!
I loved your lists of things needing to be done and what you were actually doing.
Oh what a horrible week!!! Seriously. I tell you I Dispise potty training. I really hear ya on that one. it really is just SOOOOO frustrating. Boys are just HARD! Easier in a lot of other ways, but horrible in this way. I have really only heard of a few easy boys that potty train. Hang in there!!
I know where you are coming from. Last night, I walked into the kitchen before bed and forgot that dinner had not been cleaned up. Jared was able to say...ah just do it later (which means Delia can do it later). But I knew better. If I woke up to this the kids would start going nuts waiting for me to clean off the stuck on food on the high chair and counter so we can eat. Plus the dishes would be harder to clean and breakfast harder to make with crap in the sink. So...I cleaned the kitchen at 11 at night because I am the only one who would and who thinks about and has to deal with the consequences that would greet me in the morning. Moms really never stop working. I was reminded of this after I woke up twice with each kid in the middle of night.
I know it sounds like I am complaining, but I really love being a Mom. It does get tiring sometimes. I like how you put it. That even though husbands can choose to help, they really don't understand. Moms are constantly carrying the weight of trying to give the best to our kids and our husband too. Sometimes it feels too heavy and I break down and cry...or complain :), but it just takes a day and then I can carry on happy to be a mom. Wow...sorry for the speech. Your post really just struck a chord with me. I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way.
I am so sorry that you have been cooped up. I am glad that you got out and about. It is the pits cleaning up poop, but cleaning up poop when you don't feel well is terrible. I hope you guys figure out what is ailing Davin as well.
I can wait for so you think you can dance too. I watched it on Thursday and taped it. I only got part of it taped but if you get desperate and want me to mail the tape to you I will.
I'm sorry you had a rough week! But hope that things are better now. Things i get to look forward to when that time in my life comes around. For some strange reason, it doesn't scare me off, but realize that if you can handle all of it, then I will be able to too. :) You're the greatest, and I'd love to see you when I come to Utah!
It was definitely good to get together. We actually got to talk this time, a miracle!
Post a Comment