Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Last night as I was tucking Weston in . . .
Me: Do you know what tomorrow is?
Weston: Mother's Day!
Me: That's right!
Weston: Are you going to just sleep and sleep and sleep?
Me: (laughing) Nope, I'm going to get up and get ready for church church church.
Weston: Oh well I guess I'll get up and get ready for church church too.

Apparently my Saturday sleep-in made an impression. I did end up sleeping in a bit more than normal for a Sunday morning. It was a fabulous Mother's Day. Ian got me some books about motherhood that I wanted and the movie Princess Bride. My Young Women's lesson went really well, and Davin behaved well enough that we made it all the way through Sunday school without ending up in the hall. Unfortunately I forgot Davin's binki and burp cloth on our way out the door, so Ian ended up taking him home halfway through Sacrament since he was inconsolable. I got my first kid-made Mother's Day present. It was a cute beaded necklace with a picture of Weston as the pendant. I also got a gorgeous red flowering plant at the end of church.

Our friends blessed their baby today, so after church Weston and I went to the park for a little luncheon. Weston loved getting to run around at the park and I enjoyed the chat time. Ian was so wonderful and stayed home while Davin slept and slept and slept. We video chatted with the Bowles clan. I locked myself in the bedroom and talked to my mommy for a while. Ian made me a delicious dinner of spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra and asparagus. Yummo. We all played Zingo. Now I am having some quiet time. It really was a perfect Mother's Day.

As difficult as it is to be a mom sometimes I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my boys. They are so cute and sweet. I have a wonderful, supportive husband. I am blessed. Happy Mother's Day to all!

5 comments:

joyous said...

Phew! Sounds like a busy weekend! I think I'll ask to sleep in until 8:30 next year for Mother's day. I was just happy with 6:30 instead of 5:40 with Rachel.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day and happy that you were able to find a new fridge!! Love you tons.

Liz Smith said...

awww...cute. glad you had a great day!

happy belated mothers day. :)

Tasha said...

Happy Be-lated Mother's Day to you! I am glad you had such a nice day. Mine started out a little ruff and tired (bad night with Chase), but ended beautifully.

Tasha said...

PS and I LOVED your conversation with Weston. Too cute!

The Curnow Family said...

Ha I love the conversations you can have with kids! So cute! I hope you had a good mothers day! You deserve it! Love you tons!