Success. So we go get dried off, get Weston dressed, and head out to go home to put Davin down for a much needed nap. I get to the car and can't find my keys. Crap. I must have locked them in the car. I looked in all the windows and didn't see them. I must have locked them in the trunk when I was getting out the stroller. I hate having to call Ian and tell him that, once again, I have been lame and locked my keys in the car, but my options were limited, so I made the call. He came over from work and opened the trunk. No keys. Search the car. No keys. Re-trace all my steps. No keys.
I still have no idea what happened to them. Since a criminal would have found the keys and promptly stolen the car, or at least the stereo, I am assuming that some punk teenager found them and chucked them over a fence somewhere just to be annoying. Needless to say, I am very saddened to have lost my keys. Sigh.
That evening we went down to BYU to watch my cousin, Blake, pitch. This was the last home series, so we won't see him play again until next year. It was really quite fun. There was a balloon guy there, so Weston ended up with 3 balloon swords by the end of the evening. He also hounded Cosmo again and got a hug, a high five, a pound it, and a picture. After that we made him leave Cosmo alone.
One of my young women came over around noon to watch the boys while Ian and I went refrigerator shopping. We ended up decided to buy an older, used fridge because it fit better in our budget, rather than the new energy star rated fridge at Lowe's. This new fridge looks almost exactly the same as our old one from the outside, but has nicer shelving inside and a deli drawer. So far I like it. The new configuration will take a little getting used to though.
I wanted to also share what I loved about Thanksgiving Point Farm Country this week:
Our totally rockin, cool carriage ride. Apparently when it's not crowded they give rides in this. Even though Weston's not smiling he loved riding in this comfy carriage.
I hope everyone has a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow and gets to relax and get pampered by the hubbies and kidlets. I know I am looking forward to a nice day tomorrow and I sure hope my mommy and MIL know how much I love and appreciate them and all, ALL they do.
12 comments:
UPDATE: I went and looked for the keys in the back yards of the people who live next to where Shannon parked... no luck thus far.
NOTE: I'd like to point out that 8:30 is still considered sleeping in at the Bowles household (but not by choice).
sounds like you've had a fun day...Isn't that always the way that when you have extra money something breaks and you have to replace/repair it and it isn't nearly as fun as what you WOULD have done with it! Anyway, hope you guys are all good. I took my last board exam today and I should find out in 3-4 weeks what the results are. Scary....
Sorry about the keys. . bummer!! And bummer about the fridge. The same thing would always happen to us, we'd have extra money, but something would breakdown. I finally decided that it actually was a blessing in disguise. (A hard blessing to really love, but a blessing nonetheless.) What would have happened if the fridge had broke during a month without an extra paycheck?? Heavy sigh. . . I know!!
The carriage is darling. I'm glad you got to sleep in. We started early again with another garage sale and all the stuff is still in the backyard :-) Have a great day. We got your card and Weston's picture. I've put them out by the present and will open them tomorrow. Hope to talk to you tomorrow too.
I am glad that swimming lessons went better on Friday. It agree that the teacher can make the world of difference in a child's success in anything they are learning. Sorry to hear about the fridge that is a bunner.
Dana gets paid every 2 weeks also. Does that mean we have an extra paycheck too?!!!
We are big on used appliances. Well Dana is and I can't argue on how much money it saves. In the last year we have bought- a microwave, washer, and fridge from Craigslist. I can be risky but so far, so good for us.
ugh, sorry about losing your keys!! that's frustrating. glad you got a good deal on a fridge....purchasing appliances can be so stressful. happy mothers day! i hope your boys are pampering you like crazy. :)
Happy Mothers day! Frustrating about the fridge- I never seem to plan for those unfortunate situations. That's really irritating!
sounds like you had an annoying weekend with lost keys and dead fridges. Good thing you are so positive!
I love that Weston LOVES Cosmo!! That's so cute! I'm so excited about his swimming lessons, that's so good that he's feeling comfortable with someone! Happy Mother's Day! You're a great mom.
PS. Bummer about the fridge..but go figure right?!
Shan, I still can't get over how incredibly adorable your boys are! I hope you had a very Happy Mother's Day!!!
What fun (minus the keys & having to buy a fridg). I'm glad you got to go to Blake's game ... lucky!! I watched from my parents house - that was the next best thing :-). I'm glad you had a nice mother's day too!!!
Wow, what a week/weekend!! How fun you got to see Blake pitch! I didn tknow you were there. SO SO FUN!! We watched it on BYU.TV. I am glad you got to go. No fun about your fridge. Don't you love how things like that happen. :( Sad about your swing set.
Post a Comment