We wandered through and found a shady courtyard where there were a bunch of easels set up. Apparently on Tuesday and Thursday mornings they do a craft. Yesterday was painting. Weston loved getting to paint a picture. He did a good job of not mixing all the paint colors too.
After that we wandered around on the paths and discovered a koi pond with viewing windows. Davin loved watching all the fish swim around in front of the window. Weston liked looking at the lily pads on top of the pond and watching them move when the fish swam close to the surface. We also stumbled upon a mini lighthouse with a red door. It was open, so we went inside. You could climb up the ladder/stairs into the top of the lighthouse and look out. Weston got about halfway up before deciding he didn't want to go up there. He still really liked the lighthouse though.
There were bronze sculptures of animals all around the paths too. We found a couple caves to explore. One had a viewing window to see the back of a waterfall. The other cave was home to a bear! It was just a pretend bear, but when you first walked in you could hear it snoring, then when you got closer to the bear it "woke up" and started growling at us. Weston actually got a little freaked out and ran out before I could explain it was just pretend. This cave also had two tunnels you could crawl up that exited back onto the grounds. They were dark and steep though, so we will have to work up to climbing in them.
Next we took the Nature Exploration path. It had a lookout tower, a climbing area of strategically placed rocks, a building station with natural (tree branch) blocks and big stumps to build on, and a music and movement station.
We had the music and movement station to ourselves for a little bit. The boys really liked pounding away on the wooden xylophone. I couldn't convince Weston to do anything except stand awkwardly on the cool wooden stage.
I don't know if I have just been being lazy or if it's just that it's too hot in the non-air conditioned den to be on the computer, but I have been spending more time playing on the floor with the boys. Davin is at the age where he really can start learning to play with lots of the toys, but needs some help. We had a good time horsing around yesterday afternoon. Ian has been working late all week so far, so we have been doing our best to stay busy. Today we are going to go to the pool again. I will do my best to sunscreen myself so I don't get a repeat of last week's sunburn, which just finished peeling.
I am truly enjoying our summer days. It seems like even just having the option of getting outside every day makes staying home with the kids so much easier. Constant sunshine helps my mood too. :) Yay for Summer!
8 comments:
You left out the part where your flaky friend stood you up! :-) Sorry again, it sounds like it was a lot of fun, and there was a lot to do . . . we'll have to get together and go there (or anywhere) next week!
Yesterday both of my kids fell asleep in the car and I was able to get them both inside and back to sleep, and it was like the greatest accomplishment of my entire life :-)
That sounds like so much fun! I think the kids really enjoy being able to go outside everyday too...summer days are so much more enjoyable than winter days. Being cooped up inside all the time can really wear on a kid...not to mention the parent. I'm glad you had so much fun at Thanksgiving Point. I didn't even realize there was so much to do there!
How much does it cost to get in there? I tried looking at their website bit doesn't have the admissions price ANYWHERE!
What a neat place. It sounds really fun!
Looks like you had a good time in the end. I never knew that there were so many different things that you could do there.
it's amazing how happier i am in the summer time. i love being outside and enjoying the sun and everything. amen on yay for summer!!
Wow, that sounded like a really awesome place to go! I love that you get out so much!!
How fun! Sorry I missed this post before our trip. That place is awesome!! It's like a new adventure everytime you go. It was fun to see you, I'm so sorry about your car too. Love you lots!
Post a Comment