Oh how I have missed you all! I was so excited to get home from my Girls' Trip and catch up on all your goings on. I am home for another week before our final trip of the summer. So here's what I have been up to. Last Friday (Utah's Pioneer Day) my sister, Mel, and I headed on down to sunny St. George. And by sunny I mean 100+ degree temps. Ugh. We had a fun, quick drive and enjoyed some good gab time. We met up with my other two sisters, Jules and Joy, and our mom for our much anticipated Girls' Reunion!
We checked into the Crystal Inn and started catching up right away. Mel had her newly finished wedding book. It was so cute! What a fun day. She has been married for almost a year and a half now.

After chatting for a bit we went out to dinner at Cafe Rio. Let's just say yum. We got the good times rolling with an after dinner nightcap of Old Navy shopping and Season 1 of Arrested Development.
Saturday we got our shop on at the outlets stores. I found some killer deals. I got a new Shade
tankini and cute top for $20. I also got some things for the kids, of course. Us out of state girls were craving some In N Out, so we headed over there for lunch. Again, yum.

We saw the afternoon showing of My Sister's Keeper. Wow we were a pathetic crying mess of women by the end. Good movie though. I enjoyed it. If you need a good cry, see this movie. We finished off Day 2 of our getaway with dinner at Chili's, some serious
Bananagrams (seriously you must go to Target today and buy this game), and more Arrested Development.

Sunday we all put on our dresses and headed to the shops at the entrance to Zion's. My mom collects some pottery dishes from a shop there, so that was the main purpose, but it was fun to poke around the galleries. On our way to the shops we passed this convertible on it's way to church. Check out the woman's hair. Sweet.

This random metal ram was in a courtyard in front of a gallery. I'm slightly embarrassed that we are all such picture posers. Pretty sure we didn't plan the arms on hips, leaning in, etc.
(Mel, me, Joy, Jules)


After wandering through a few shops and galleries we decided it was time for lunch. We ate at the Pioneer Restaurant. Things got more than a little silly. In our defense the service was rather slow.




Right after this shot was taken, Mel reached halfway across the table for the camera to see how it turned out and knocked her full water glass all over the floor/into her purse. That officially drew the entire room's attention to us and slightly sobered us up. Still fun.
Mel mocking this sappy Native American anniversary card in a gift shop.

We hit up the specialty candy shop last. It had all kinds of fun blast-from-the-past candies like rock candy, candy cigars, Big League Chew, candy buttons, Pop Rocks, mini jaw breakers, and candy lipstick. The final destination of the excursion was this really fabulous hotel that we were checking out for next year's trip.
The sun and shopping in Zion's tuckered us all out, so we had a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon reading, napping, swimming, and visiting. I couldn't help but laugh at our books. Joy was reading Shopaholic and Baby, Jules was reading New Moon, and I was reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Clearly the classics.

Sunday evening we got a pizza and ate it while playing
Bananagrams and watching Arrested Development. Later that night we drove all around town trying to find an open place to get ice cream. During our hunt we found an open
Walgreens and Mom needed some tape and mechanical pencils, so we stopped in. We also found some serious high fashion bubble shirts.

We did eventually also find an open
Baskin Robbins for our ice cream fix. We almost finished the entire first season of Arrested Development, but finally decided we were too tired to watch the last episode. Monday morning we got up and going, ate breakfast in the hotel, and said our goodbyes. It was such a very fun trip. Big thanks to Mom for paying for our hotel room and subsidizing our food. I am so glad that we were all able to be there and spend some quality time together. Can't wait until next year ladies!
Coming soon: the trip back to Salt Lake saga . . .
11 comments:
Dude, your girl trip looks like it was so much fun! I love that you guys all get together and goof around. And yeah, My Sister's Keeper was a total tear jerker (have you read the book? It's definitely better than the movie in my opinion). And I love all "the classics" you guys were reading. excellent books, one and all :)
That sounds like SO much fun! Good for you, going on a girls only trip and all! I'm thinking of calling all of my sisters up and tell 'em we're going out of town whether they like it or not! :-)
How fun!!! You get together each year with your mom & sisters...I think I am going to start the same tradition. Even though we all live within minutes from each other, there is nothing like a weekend together!
PS
I Love all the photos, I feel like I was there too!
Sweet bubble shirts! eww.
You guys look like you had a blast. That is awesome that the women in your family get together for a fun weekend every year. You have a really fun family!
how fun!!! there is nothing more theraputic than girl time. :D and those bubble shirts are AWESOME! haha.
I'm so reminded right now of why your mom was the greatest YM leader ever! I'm seriously going to try to get something like this going with my family. Maybe one year we could do an Olsen/Giles weeekend! :) How'd it go with the Rheumie?
Shannon, that looks so fun! It's amazing what a girly getaway will do for you sanity!
Great post Shannon, I"m going to have to add some of your pics to my post, so I have them. Please email!!! Love ya.
SOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!! So fun! I am glad you were able to plan and all get together. Seriously, how fabulous is that? My sisters and I and Mom need to get into doing this too. I am glad it was such a fun time :)
It was such a fun trip! I think my favorite was hanging in the hotel and playing bananagrams!! Such a fun game I hope I can get through til christmas without it!
Hooray for Arrested Development, and for much needed girls reunions! You guys are so cute!
Post a Comment