-I could shop and actually try stuff on whenever I wanted to.
-I got dressed every day.
-I had a busy social calendar (heck, I HAD a social calendar).
-my hubby and I went out to dinner when I didn't feel like cooking.
-I slept 9-10 un-interrupted hours every night.
-I got annoyed when there was a screaming child in the waiting area at Applebee's. (Ok, I still get annoyed about that, even when it's my own kid)
-I thought snot, vomit, and poop were personal and disgusting.
-I didn't appreciate my body.
-I took Friday nights for granted.
This post is part of the August Group Writing Project on mamablogga.com. Go HERE to participate.
9 comments:
Nice thoughts, Shannon. I like that they give you a prompt so it gives you a direction for your thoughts. Enjoy your day tomorrow. I'm heading off to the Ventura Fair with Dee on the train. I better go to bed and get some shut eye first!!
Love ya!!
I loved that Shannon. We are lucky to be Moms and you are such a good one too! Definatly an example to me!!
Awesome post sister!!!
Such a sweet post, and a great perspective. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the little things.
That was really sweet and fun to read. I agree with you there. Motherhood teaches you not to take things for granted that you used to not worry about before!
So true. Every Mom can relate to thi spost. Thanks for sharing.
Your boys are lucky to have such a dedicated, sweet mommy!
You and your boys are so cute, Shannon!
Man, I forgot I used to even do some of those things—especially the sleep!
Thanks for participating!
I need to work on your list of things you did when you weren't a mom. Some of that stuff I don't even do! ha Maybe the social life one and the organized! ha I think you're a great mom and glad that you see the changes in your life and appreciate them!
Post a Comment