Monday, August 31, 2009

Farewell Summer

Last night we were out in the backyard enjoying one of the last warm summer evenings of the season. Ok, probably we will still have warm weather for another month, but I am already feeling the impending doom of a long, cold winter. Anyway, Weston wanted to play in the hose, but instead of me having to hold the sprayer while he ran through it, we hooked up the little sprinkler attachment. It turned into a cute little impromptu romp in the sprinkler.

Davin really enjoys water much more than Weston did at this age. It's fun. He is pretty brave. He got cold sooner than Weston did, but he had just as much fun.

Drying off and warming back up.

I am so enjoying our backyard. It's so nice to be able to use it. It's by no means beautiful or "done," but it's usable and we really like having that space.

We had a lovely weekend actually. Saturday morning Ian and I went to the temple and did initiatories. It was so nice. I hadn't been back to do them since I went to the temple the first time. I had forgotten so much of it. After we finished at the temple we went out to lunch at Kneaders. Mmm. We finished off our morning date with a quick stop at the Nissan dealership to get a price quote on fixing our temperature gauge.

That evening Ian went into work to put in some time on a rush project that he is doing. I curled up and watched the new Pride and Prejudice. I still prefer the A&E version, but this was shorter and I really enjoyed the more intimate ending. Although nothing really beats a wedding, right?

Sunday we all went to church. We had combined YM/YW and Davin was being a pill, so I took him out. We wandered for a few minutes then I decided to take him into nursery to play. I stayed there with him for about 20 minutes. He had a blast and screamed when I took him back to class. I don't think we will have a problem with his going to nursery in a couple weeks.

This random bath picture gets included in this post too just because it's so stinking cute. I think this was Wednesday night's bath. I just put new foam letters in the bath, and Weston spelled "toy" all by himself. He even underlined it with the "I" so that it would look like the logo of Toy Story. What a funny, smart kid. I am so excited for him to start preschool next week!
Thanks for all the book recommendations too from my last post. I have already put several on my hold list at the library. I look forward to some more good reads. In case you are wondering I am on goodreads.com, but I have a hard time keeping it updated. Finally, this weekend is the BYU football season opener. We are way excited. We will be watching the game at our house. If anyone wants to join us, let me know! Go Cougs!

11 comments:

Tasha said...

Those pictures of the boys playing in the water are So so stinkin cute! Davin is such a beautiful boy (if we are allowed to say that!) Such cute kids you have. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Yea for BYU football starting. Brian is excited too. Too bad we are gone this weekend. He is not going to like missing the first game. What can you do?

Kat and Steve said...

I feel a sense of winter-time dread hanging over my shoulders too, even if it is at least a month away. It's sad.

joyous said...

Thanks for the fun pictures and video. I love their indian water chant. So funny. I miss those boys (and their mom). Okay, I miss you too, Ian, but you work all the time anyway. ;)

I too was mourning the summer being over, but getting back into a school schedule is kind of nice too. We're so excited for preschool here!

Emilee said...

I can't believe I didn't know about BYU football starting. I'm sure we'll be over to watch a few games with Jim and Denny. Ivy has her pink BYU onesie waiting for her to wear to her first game.

Jared and Delia said...

You like the six hour version? Ah!

Weston is such a smartie! Good boy!

Yay for Davin joining nursery soon! That is really exciting.

I like summer too, but I love Fall and Spring even more. I have been looking at fall recipes and it has been making me crave cooler weather already. Winter is hard but I love the two seasons that sandwich it so I guess I'll have to deal. :)

Lindsey said...

The video of the boys playing in the sprinkler made me laugh so hard!! Have you been teaching them some foreign language? I loved it! I honestly laughed out loud! Super funny!

Shan said...

Ah, BYU football. Have to miss another season. Keep me updated, and enjoy the rest of your summer!!!

Kate said...

So funny- right as you are starting to dread the impending cold, I am feeling the inner burstings of the arrival of fall! Like everyone else here in this desert. That is a super cute bath picture! Thanks for sharing.

jilljohnson said...

Enjoy the warm weather whiel you still can. You little boys are so cute!!! I can not wait to have a backyard either.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the backyard. We have a patio but the rest is dirt. Not so much fun. Enjoy your grass! And your boys are adorable!

The Curnow Family said...

That is so cute! I love the video! They play so well! I can't believe Weston will be going to preschool! He's getting too big!!