SO excited to be riding his bike to the park!
We went to the aquarium this morning and then met up with Ian for lunch. I managed to keep both kids awake on the drive home by singing songs the whole way. It was worth it though because they both napped for 2+ hours. Now I have a nice clean house today. Go me for not wasting all that beautiful quiet time. I am feeling all good about myself. Not only did I get my house clean, but I went to the gym this morning, I have a roast and veggies simmering away in the crock pot for dinner, and I am halfway through an intellectually stimulating book (The Book Thief by Markus Zusak). I'm sure all kinds of chaos will break loose as soon as Davin finally wakes from his looong nap. Oh well. It's nice while it lasts.
I am thoroughly enjoying getting back into my routine. The only bummer is that Ian is SO swamped at work. It's hard to enjoy the nice summer evenings when Ian is working practically every one of them. I really hope that things settle down for him soon. I mean, having lots to do is great! It means job security, but I think they are getting to the point of needing to hire back a person or two that they laid off a few months ago. This is the first time that I feel like the grind is really getting to him. He has always enjoyed his job. I'm not sure he's a big fan right about now.
7 comments:
i hear you on the job thing. jared has been swamped as well and the bank has started hiring some people again. im glad though that he's pretty safe at least for now...it's such a blessing to have a job these days, esp when you work for a bank. i hope your husband is able to get a breather soon so you can spend some time together. hang in there! :)
I love it when they dare to try something new.
Love those videos! I can't believe when I watched them Davin wasn't walking at all and now look at him! Love how he uses his arms to balance, it's so cute.
Wow you had a very successful day. Wish I could say the same! My family had chicken patty sandwiches and mac-n-cheese for dinner! haha... oh well.
Sorry Ian's having to work so much. Justin probably feels the same way as you. My hours have gone down now though, so that's good, but still kinda chaotic.
Alright, keep up all the good work and please submit a review of the book thief when you're done!
Looks like you guys had fun with biking and walking! Isn't it so great when the kids start learning new skills? It's so neat to watch them learn and grow.
So fun getting out to the park for FHE! I love for things just like that. It is nice to be able to enjoy the good weather! Cute weston and davin riding and walking!! Sad Ian is working so much right now though. That is never fun. I am impressed with you getting so much done though. Seriously, isn't it hard to stay modivated and getting things done when you finally get quiet time. GO YOU on using it wisely. :)
Opps!!! I thought I had already seen this post and commented. I hadn't. Those boys are the cutest!!! So glad you guys had a fun family outing. Thanks for videos too.
Wow, Davin's doing so great at walking! And I hope you enjoy The Book Thief, I liked it.
Post a Comment