-He was unable to tear a piece of paper in half (one of the motor skills tested)
-He was unable to turn the pages of a book one by one (and yet who knows what book they used to test this one. As Ian mentioned, even he has trouble turning pages one by one sometimes)
His highest scores were on Oral Proficiency and Vocabulary. Surprise, surprise. He's such a chatterbox. Anyway, I was mostly interested to hear how he was doing socially. His teacher said that he plays well with the other kids and doesn't isolate (like I thought he might do). She also praised him for being able to calm down and be on task when he needed to be. He is good at focusing on what he is supposed to be doing. Hooray! It was kind of fun to hear about what he is learning in school. I decided that we will tear up some paper to make a mosaic one of these days as a craft and we will start working on holding his pencil correctly. That will probably help him with his fine motor skills.
In case anyone was worried Weston has zero self esteem problems. If I comment that he is funny or cute or silly he immediately (and irritably) counters with "No! I'm cool and smart and I can do tricks and I can do science." Those are his preferred complements. Here he is showing off one of his "tricks."
7 comments:
That's awesome! And so fun to hear!
I've decided I'm becoming a preschool-teacher-feedback junkie :-)
That is a pretty cool talent - rolling his tongue.
What a smart boy! That is really nice to get feedback from a teacher. I can't wait to do that this next summer.
Thanks for your comment. It made me almost cry. Yes...I ditto you. I will miss those things too.:)
So cute!
He is such a cute kid. He is looking older all the sudden. How fun to have a parent teacher conference. I love that he can go to public preschool. I wish. I am glad he is doing so good. Yea Weston!! And I sure like your tricks :)
hooray, he's so smart! and I like your idea for a paper torn mosaic. Very proactive of you. :)
Wow, Weston is so smart and cool. He can do such great tricks!!! (Please be sure to pass on these "Weston-approved" complements!)
I'm glad to hear he is a super-star at school. It amazes me that they do manage to get along alright without us. :) Why do I think my kids won't? I should have more confidence in them.
I remember at Lizzie's kinder-readiness test, the only thing she failed was putting together a 13 piece puzzle...she needed help. This was when she was doing 50 piece puzzles at home, but enjoyed it more if someone did it with her.
No this does not come as a surprise, but it's nice that you got to have a parent-teacher conference and that it was so positive. He really is such a good kid and I have no doubt he's gonna do really well in school (look at his parents). Hopefully he and Kenz can go to the Y together someday...hehehe :). Ulterior motives? maybe
Post a Comment