I have been a major slacker blogger. I just feel like there's not much to share lately. We've been doing our thing. Last week was rainy and cold and we did a lot of kicking around the house. Literally. Weston got a
Bernstein Bear book about soccer, so he's been all into it lately. Davin looked so cute wearing Weston's hat backwards. He put it on like that himself too.

Davin got a haircut. It's adorable and makes him look like such a little
blondie! On Saturday we went swimming at the indoor pool. Both boys loved splashing around and swimming in the current circle. That night we went to my cousin, Blake and Whitney's, open house reception. It was beautiful and had an amazing dessert spread. You can see Dav's haircut in the horrible picture of me. Yikes that's a bad angle. Oh well.

Ian has been really busy at work for the past couple weeks. The day he finished up a big presentation they got another rush job for 12, yes 12, videos. So he had been at work Saturday afternoon. We went to drop him back off at work on our way home from the open house and amazingly Batman was there for a photo shoot! (It was really just a co-worker of Ian's who was doing this for fun with his cool camera) Weston thought it was awesome. This is off to the side, but they were photographing Batman and
Catwoman in a black mustang convertible. Pretty funny. Davin was freaked out. He went close enough to high five Batman and then ran back to me.

Weston talked about it all the way home. He told me that Batman is just in the movies and that this guy must be someone who wanted to be Batman. He asked what Batman's powers are. I told him it was mostly that Batman had awesome toys, like his flying cape and his
batmobile. Then he said, "Yeah, but can he spin around on his head with his legs and arms out?" Break dancing powers? I don't think so, but I guess that would be cool.
Weston is a rather precocious child. We love him, but there's no fooling this kid. When Ian was getting ready to go into work after we came home from swimming, he came into the kitchen where the kids were eating lunch in the outfit he was going to wear to the open house. Weston looked at him for a second, then said, "So what are we wearing tonight? Because it looks like you're just wearing your regular clothes but with church shoes." I told him that he didn't have to wear a tie or anything and he picked out his church khakis with his stripey sweater. He also enjoyed all the attention he got from telling his potato joke at the open house.
Ian and I started watching Dancing With Wolves on Saturday night since I have never seen it. But about 30 minutes in we realized that the version Ian had downloaded was missing the Sioux
Indian subtitles. I don't think I would have a very good idea of what was going on without them.
Yesterday evening we curled up and watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. It had been awhile since I'd seen that one. It made me smile. Hooray for old movies!
I can't believe it's the last week of April! Holy smokes this year is flying by. I completely spaced that Mother's Day is in just a couple weeks. I need to get on that. My job this week is to work on whittling down my ginormous pile of
un-read magazines. Other than that we are going to try to enjoy the nice weather until another several days of storms and 40 degree weather. Brr.
7 comments:
I loved Bernstein Bear books! This year is flying by isn't it!
It sounds like you've been pretty busy just doing your thing!!
I'm jealous you went to the open house (but I can't be too much... because I get to go to the wedding... just three more days till we leave!)
I totally want to watch seven brides... now. Maybe I can find it on youtube. Hmmm.
And seriously, is spring going to stay for real, or what? 40 degree weather??
Weston is a crack up! What an adorable kid. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is so good! Love it!
I sure wish we had an indoor pool in Logan, I know we are one of the coldest places on earth and our only public pool is outside, unless you count the ones at the highschool?
I am so glad you went to Blake and Whitney's open house reception thing! That made me happy to hear and I loved loved loved seeing a picture. I am excited for them. It sounds like your boys are happy and having fun even if weather is not always the best. Love you Shannon.
i just have to say, i love weston's angel shirt! GO ANGELS!
Tonight at the "rehearsal" dinner we were talking about mother's day and I said something about it still being a couple weeks away. That's when Dad mentioned that actually, it's next week. Yikes! The dinner was nice and I'm looking forward to the family day tomorrow. It's been nice catching up on the blogs, but I must get to bed now. Love ya!
Post a Comment