Last night we had some friends from the ward over for Family Home Evening. It was really fun. We had a prayer, song, and spiritual thought then played some games. Later that night I went and helped clean the temple. I had never done it before. It was kind of neat to be there after hours and to help keep it clean and beautiful. I just vacuumed for about an hour. I had to take a nap today to make up for not getting to bed until after 1am last night though.
Today was gorgeous, but a little windy because a storm is blowing in. The rest of the week is supposed to be rainy and colder, so I wanted to go to the Tulip Festival today. Ian was swamped at work and couldn't come with us, but luckily my friend, Tara, was up for the last minute outing. We really had a fun time. We did a lot less walking than we did last year, but still got to see lots of beautiful tulips. We spent most of our time at the giant waterfalls. The kids ran up and down the grass hill while we ate our lunch at the top. After we ate we walked up the trail that goes behind the waterfall. We saw a goose sitting on her nest and an owl! It was really cool. What a great Earth Week outing!
8 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE tulips. I wish I lived closer to the point of the mountain... and I would be all over those tulip fields! (that's where the festival is, right?)
Pretty cool to get to help clean the temple too.
Happy Spring! I hope this coming storm doesn't destroy all our new beautiful blossoms!
I ALWAYS kick myself I never went to the tulip festival.. Someday :)
Lucky dog! I love the tulip festival! That is great that you got to go before the rain comes. :)
i soooo love the Tulip Festival. One of these days we have to plan a trip to utah during this time so i can see them again. it's so beautiful there this time of year.
i wanted to celebrate earth week with brand new stainless steel appliances, but we just haven't gotten our act together and since we're leaving for CA tomorrow, we just ran out of time. i was hoping to get that earth week discount. oh well. someday we'll get them. happy earth week! maybe i'll try to make an effort to turn off my faucet while im brushing my teeth. :P
What a fun day! I'm glad you made it before the rain. I didn't check the weather close enough and thought it was supposed to rain tomorrow. No jackets and off we went to the library. Of course, it was pouring when we left! Opps!
What a cool place! Beautiful scenery and the kids were free to roam and run...what more could you ask for? Glad you had a good weekend.
What a fun day you had! I'm afraid we are sending all our cold rainy weather your way and in Utah it will turn to snow. . .sorry! The boys looks so cute in the pictures and it does my heart good to see Weston in that Angel's outfit ;-)
Post a Comment