Spring has finally arrived. The thermostat says it's 70 degrees today! Hooray. We have been getting out and enjoying the sunshine this week. Yesterday we took Weston's bike that he got for his 3rd birthday with us. He is finally getting the hang of riding it. I think it's about time he gets a real bike though. I actually think he would do better on a non-plastic one. He especially loved riding/coasting down this little hill.

Speaking of my non-jock child, Weston, he is rather fastidious about his clothes. He thinks all his pants are too long and rolls them up every day. Even if that makes them look like
highwaters. This is what he did to avoid getting them wet on our Easter Sunday walk. What a dork. I fear for his high school years. At least he could possibly have a manly career in construction? Can you tell he likes to pose? That might be a problem in the construction world.

I have been really enjoying our time outside too. This is my favorite weather, so I am trying to get us to the park almost every day. This morning we went to the library. I took back all the library books on Monday, so we have been without any library books the entire week. It has been a minor travesty. I let Weston pick 10 books today to make up for it. I'm so grateful that my kids love reading.

I'm looking forward to a gorgeous, productive weekend. My plans include weeding out the front planter. I didn't get any tulips this year and I think it was my fault for not weeding that planter. Sad. Ian is going to work on the lawn. The kids will no doubt run around and get dirty. Ian and I are going on a date tomorrow night too.
Yay!
Happy Weekend!
7 comments:
haha-- pulling up his pants to tiptoe through the lil skiff of water! He's hilarious! Glad you guys are enjoying the outdoors! I love spring too!
Oh that was so cute. I love how he rolls up his pants. Owen likes to tuck in his shirt...even when it looks terrible.
Have fun on your date!
sounds wonderful! i am so glad you are finally getting to enjoy being outside. hooray for spring!!
We have been trying to get outside as much as possible too! Brad wants to go on walks and play some basketball (for me Shoot hoops) But it's been nice to spend some outside time everyday before school starts! I love that you're boys like to read! I think i'm going to curl up and read some harry potter!
Hooray for good weather!! We LOVE the Angels shirt.....GO HALOS!!!
your family is far too beautiful, shannon!
I just realized something. When you guys finally we get Spring, we start to think about turning on the AC. We may never be in bliss at the same time :)
Post a Comment