Saturday we worked around the house/in the garage. Things had been piling up since Ian was never home to put things away and the garage was too full for me to even take stuff out there. We got the extra building materials from the den project listed on ksl and hauled off within an hour. That helped clear out the garage. Weston and I vacuumed out the van. It was a mess from our wet and muddy camping trip. I also dusted the dash and cleaned the inside of the windows. Hooray for a clean car!
After doing some work on the garage/car we all went to the pool. It was pretty windy, but sunny and warm. The splash pad and some of the slides were turned off because of the wind, but the big twisty slide was still on and we went on it several times. Weston wore arm floaties and went down the orange slide all by himself for the first time. He also got to show off all his new swimming skills to Dad. When we got back from the pool we were starving, so we decided to bbq hot dogs for a late lunch instead of dinner. It was a good call.
That afternoon while Davin took his nap Ian took Weston to see The Karate Kid at the dollar theater. He was so excited to get to go to the movies just him and dad. He said he liked the movie, but apparently he thought Jaden Smith's character was a girl the whole time. When he was telling me about it he kept saying "she." He does have long hair in the movie, and we live in Utah where fewer little boys have long hair like that. Whoops. :)
Sunday was a nice down day. I didn't have RS choir rehearsal, so I got to be home and it was very relaxing. On Monday we all went and ran a couple errands in the morning then headed down to the Thanksgiving Point gardens. Ian had never been to the gardens even though we have had a Thanksgiving Point pass for 2 years now. It was beautiful day and we had fun showing Daddy all the fun things at the Children's Garden and the big waterfall in the main gardens. When we were done we had lunch at the TP deli. It's so yummy.
Weston's morning jobs:
-Eat breakfast (this is a hard one for some reason)
-get dressed
-go potty
-put jammies in the hamper
-make bed
-get hair combed and teeth brushed with Mom's help
It was really just the best to all be together this weekend and have time to play and work and rest. I am excited about the new routine of Fall, but at the same time it was nice to have a long weekend to bid the long, lazy days of Summer farewell.
10 comments:
There is something comforting about routine. I love summer, but then am so happy to get back to routine and start being productive again. Your weekend does sound like a good balance of everything. It was good talking to you and Davin today!
Cute bum picture! Love that.
FYI Claire reconfirmed her plans of marrying Weston again today. Well, as long as Simon Cowell is not available. I'm thinkin Weston has a good shot.
For Claire lately we've been doing good behavior marbles. She gets a marble in a cup for each time she does one of her jobs and sometimes an extra one for spontaneous good behavior. She can lose them for bad behavior too. She saves them up to "buy" things from us. 30 marbles for a booster seat (she decided on that one, we went along). 10 marbles for a calculator. 10 for making cookies with mom. 5 for a fancy pink hanger from Walmart, etc.
I plan to make a chart with magnetic marbles that she can move along in the morning as she accomplishes her stuff because sometimes we forget to reward each job.
What a fun weekend! I'm glad you guys got so much done and even had time to relax!
I was going to give the same suggestion Jackie did about the marbles. Tasha did that with Tanner but they put them in a small jar and once it was filled he got a certain treat (ice-cream cone or whatever). You could also do a sticker chart and at the end of the week give him a prize. Good luck!
It's sure nice to have husbands around sometimes. We've been enjoying our extra time with Eli since he finished school.
I've heard of the marble idea before. Only my friend used beans and her kids had to fill up a whole quart jar for their prize, which was an overnight family trip. The idea seems good (adjusted for each kid's needs) since kids can physically see their good behavior adding up to something fun without giving them a treat or something every single day.
Love Weston's tan. I was looking at the picture of all of us at Snowbird, and Eli, Ivy, and I are incredibly white next to the rest of you. Denny sent it to me and I'll forward it to you in case you didn't see it yet.
What a great weekend. I love weekends like that when you work hard and play hard too.
That is nice to have some Ian time too. Cool picture of his feet on the hammock by the way.
I ADORE the Thanksgiving Pointe Gardens. Lucky you.
About Weston...I wish I knew. If you find out good tips please post them because I would welcome any ideas and advice myself. The nickel chart thing is working alright...so far...not perfect but alright. I notice that the older Owen gets the easier it gets for him to get dressed without a lot of prodding from me. I also tell the kids that anyone who wants fruit snacks in the car has to be out the door and ready when I am. Reid obviously always gets some at this age because he always goes out with me but for Owen it is hit and miss. If he doesn't make it we just wait in the car or outside for him. My friend also likes to use "rainbow rewards." When her girls get enough reward chips they can cash them in for stuff in her "shop" like small toys or more computer/TV time. I was going to use this as a fall back if the nickel system didn't work.
Good luck.
im so jealous you guys got to enjoy your pool one last time. we had a crappy labor day weekend weather wise. It was super windy and cloudy and overcast. Sunday was the only nice day, so that did us no good and Monday was lame....they didn't even open the pool. Oh well...such is life. I am so sad summer is over. I am so not ready for cold weather in a couple of months!
How fun you all got to be together the whole weekend! That's always nice. I'm excited for the routine of fall too. We always get more done with structure in our lives, which is too bad because I love summer and playing! :-)
Love it!!! What a great weekend. The garden picture is gorgeous and Weston's tan is just awesome. My summer tan is already starting to fade (makes me so sad).
We're doing pebbles in a basket to earn a mini-golf trip for our morning routine. So far, it's working pretty well, but we're only on day 4. ;)
Happiness for such a fun and great weekend. I love good weekends.
Routines are hard to get going, but once you do, it's worth it! Just keep being consistent!! I love how you include church SO much every week and with the kids!
Post a Comment