If you haven't heard, Thursdays are the new Fridays. Weston's last day of school is on Thursday, so there's the excitement of being done with another week. There's the anticipation for whatever is happening over the weekend. Thursdays are good days.
Today is even a short day for Weston, so he only has preschool for 2 hours instead of 3. I am going to pick him up and take the kids to the mall to give my new Sit N Stand stroller a test run. If we happen to pass See's, all the better. :) I am also still on the hunt for a long maternity skirt. Not that I really expect there to be anything new at Motherhood, but it's worth a shot. The only downside to the mall that has See's and Motherhood is that it doesn't have a very fun play area for kids. It just has a bunch of those lame rides. You know, a school bus, a train, a motorcycle. We don't put money in those, but there is always kind of a secret (or sometimes not-so-secret) wish from the kids that we will. And the mommy in me always feels a twinge of guilt that I always say no.
By way of an update . . .
Things We are Into This Week:
-The animated Spectacular Spiderman episodes. Weston picked out a DVD of them from the library and can't get enough. I'm not a huge fan of any of the superhero cartoons, but I have accepted that I have boys and they love this stuff.
-No bake cookies. Ok, mostly I'm into them. I don't think anyone else in my family really likes them much. I only like them when it's been awhile since I had them and they are winning as my snack of the week. Yum.
-Buzz. Davin is so into Buzz at the moment. He flies him around saying in a deep, slurred 2 year old voice "To infinity and beyond!" He also wants to watch the Toy Story movies most days.
-Work. Well, Ian's not really that into working non-stop, but that is what he's been doing this week, so I guess we'll say that's his thing.
-Feeling the baby move. Weston and Davin will both put their hand on my belly for about 3.5 seconds and then look at me all excited and say "I felt her move!" I know they didn't really since I didn't feel her, but they think it's great. Weston will sometimes be more patient and actually wait until he feels her squirm or kick, but Davin, not so much. This last week or so she has started to get big enough that her squirms and kicks hurt and make me gasp if they are unexpected.
-TV! Fall shows are back and it makes me happy. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of a long day. So far How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Castle, and Modern Family have had their premiers. Tonight is another good night with Big Bang Theory, The Office, and 30 Rock coming back. I haven't started watching any new shows this season, but if any of them get amazing reviews then I might check out a few pilots. What's your favorite show that's new or back?
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
5 comments:
I have totally been craving no bake cookies! Wish I could swing by and steal some of yours. :)
We thought Running Wilde was pretty funny.
I just keep forgeting you are having a little girl :) When you said "her" in the post my heart skipped and I smiled. They are going to be such good big brothers to that cute girl growing inside of you. Do you have any names yet?
Whenever I talk about sweets that our family loves, I really mean that I love them! Also, I'm pumped about How I Met Your Mother and Glee!!
I like no bake cookies, too. Justin thinks they are disgusting and forbids me from wasting ingredients on them. :) So cool you guys are feeling the baby move. I am so excited you are having a girl because it seems like everyone I know has had boys for a while and I would like to pick out a girl gift again! And can you believe I MISSED the modern family premiere last week??! It comes on Hulu today, so excited to watch it tonight. :)
I miss American TV. There's always something to watch! I hope you enjoy your shows!!
Post a Comment