Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tee Ball!

This week has been pretty busy and exhausting. And it's only Tuesday! It's our first full week of school and we started tee ball! The coach decided to have a first practice Monday evening. Normally there really aren't practices. They just have 2 games a week and they kind of learn at the game, but I'm glad that they had a first practice. Weston got to meet his coach and the other kids on his team and learn a couple basics like how to catch a ball with his mitt on and how to run to/through first base. He's such a goofball, but he had a blast at his practice. (Hint: he's in the royal blue shirt and navy shorts)
Today was his team's first game. We were excited that the team hats and shirts were ready for the game. The kids all looked so cute. Watching a 3-4 year old tee ball game is actually really comical. The kids were tripping and falling all over the place, running the wrong direction, dog piling the ball, drawing pictures in the dirt, throwing the dirt, and generally being adorable. Weston did really well and had a lot of fun.
He skinned up both his knees falling in the dirt, so next game we are definitely going to be putting him in pants, but he was a trooper and didn't cry or whine at all about his knees. They basically play as many "innings" as they can in an hour. Each inning is when all the kids have had a turn to hit. I think they got in 3 innings tonight since I only remember Weston hitting 3 times. Hitting the ball was his favorite part. He also had a chance to do some fielding with his coach's help. They didn't bother having the kids try to throw to 1st base though. :)
Davin was pretty good about watching. He climbed around the bleachers and stood at the fence. He was good at cheering too. Ian managed to make it in time for the last inning, so he got to see Weston hit and field a little. Weston was stoked that he got a whole pack of Oreo's and a Capri Sun at the end of the game. He was nice to share a couple cookies with his brother too.
Weston's first time at bat . . . (Warning: don't turn the volume up too loud on the videos because I am cheering rather loudly)

Scoring his first run . . . after which he said "Mom I scored a goal!"

Unfortunately the long day and the pain in his knees caught up with him when we got home and he kind of lost it when I put him in the bath and cleaned his scraped knees. By the time I got them all dried, Neosporined, and Cars BandAided though he was fine. Hopefully they heal quickly so that he's good to go for Thursday's game. In the meantime I'm betting he is going to get a good night's sleep!

9 comments:

Delia said...

Oh my cute! I love how their T-shirts are too big for them and everything....and how he said he scored a goal. Oh so adorable!

joyous said...

So fun!!! Weston looks great out there. And it is super fun to have team shirts and hats. I love how they modify the game for them so they can get an idea of how it goes and still have fun. :)

Shan said...

Love it! I remember playing T-ball. I bet it was funny to watch!

Plewe Fam said...

My boys were loving watching the videos. We have them all geared up for baseball and we tee it up in the backyard all the time. That looks so fun and the shirts and hats are awesome. One of the great things about having boys.

Anonymous said...

Love the huge shirts and hats...adorable! Cookies and a juice box are definitely the highlight of soccer games for my kids too :)

Liz Smith said...

awww...it doesn't get any cuter than that!

elizabeth said...

So cute!! How can Weston help but have fun out there! He's playing baseball with a cap and a great shirt. I loved it when he had wasn't sure where first base was. That might have been my favorite! I wish we could be there for one of his "games". Fun. . fun. . fun!

J, J and B said...

Tee ball is so fun to watch. Loved the videos! Also, I love the photos of the Utah mountains in the background. I miss those!!

Tasha said...

I don't get how I have missed so many of your posts? Have they not been coming up in my google reader? Weird. This is so cute though! Glad Weston is having fun.