I have always considered myself a morning person. I like being up and getting going. I am most productive in the mornings. We have been getting up at 7am every day this week and been ready to leave the house by 8:30. On the one hand I love the routine of it, but on the other hand, I'm so tired! I found myself looking forward to Friday this week just so I could sleep in. Friday is our day off preschool and tee ball. And you know I will not be showered and dressed until at least 10 am tomorrow. :) Most mornings we are at this point by 8:30. . . aren't they cute?
Last week I went and looked at the Sit N Stand stroller at Babies R Us. I wanted to play with it before I bought one. While there I also checked out diaper bags. My friend, Alison, has a diaper bag I really like the look of. It's not too big, is made out of this cool material that is super easy to clean, and has lots of great pockets and compartments. She swears by it. It is a J.J. Cole Collections diaper bag. They had a couple different styles of it at Babies R Us, but they were $70. Yikes. I kind of half heartedly looked at the other diaper bags, but I had pretty much already decided I wanted this one.
When I got home I checked Amazon to see if they had them for cheaper. They had some for $55. Next I checked the classifieds. There were 2 listed. One was brand new with the tags for $50. The other was "gently used" (the listing said it had only been used 5-6 times) for $15. Um, yes please. I emailed the seller, drove down the next day and picked it up. The only flaw was that one of the velcro tabs in the back pouch pocket had mostly ripped off. I figured I could either sew it back on or at least hot glue it back on. :) Yesterday my neighbor helped me fix a hem on a skirt and while I was there she also used her heavy duty sewing machine to fix my diaper bag. Good as new for $15! What a steal.

My next baby purchase will be crib bedding, but since I can't decide on anything I will probably hold off for a little longer before buying. I have been checking the classifieds for bedding sets too, but I think maybe I need to block the classifieds website for a couple weeks. There is just always something on there that is a great deal. Here's the crib bedding I like best from the classifieds. Here's the bedding I like best from Amazon. Which do you like best? I need some outside opinions.
18 comments:
I LOVE the red and pink one from Amazon. Check out ebay for bedding too -- I found ours on there, totally new from a seller who just sells bedding stuff, and it was SO much cheaper than Amazon and Walmart, and it was good quality and came with a ton of extras (wall hangings and stuff),
Oh Wow! I love the pink with some red and just the touch of brown. Very chic, very cool! Tough choices my sister!
hmmm...i like them both but i think i like the ladybug the best! i really like the stripes - but i'm kinda obsessed with those right now. :) so fun buying girl stuff!! and congrats on your awesome diaper bag!
I really like both, I say it's a toss up. I think I might like the ksl one better... offer her $30 and see what she says. :) (I am ruthless. or maybe shameless?)
I like the Amazon one best. It looks more cheerful and happy to me.
i vote for the Amazon bedding. very cute!
Oh my goodness! You are just like me. I check craigslist daily for baby things. Last week I got a nursing pillow and baby monitor for really cheap! I'm looking for bedding too on craigslist and amazon and I love the one on amazon! I like the ladybugs though too. I saw that here on craigslist. How fun! I love bargain shopping!
I have that same diaper bag with Juliet, only ours is Grey and Pink! I really do love it, there are so many pockets and what not to put everything!
Oh please, how do you not immediately get the one with RED in it? Love it. So cute. Little butterflies. Adorable.
Thanks for the encouraging words on potty training. And I just love the t-ball pictures.
I think I like the Amazon best. Both are cute and both will look cute with the cross-stitch quilt, but the amazon one has more of the colors to tie into. Girly colors are fun to shop for! It is so hard to decide. . . Can't wait to see you soon!
Um it's no surprise that I like the Amazon bedding (with red!!) best, right? Every little lady needs some red in her life. Even from the beginning (don't tell my mom I said that, she's a firm believer in pale pink and white for the first three months...).
Isn't it so fun to be getting ready for a baby girl!? I'm loving it.
I love the weekend more now too. School feels so constricting sometimes.
Nice find on the diaper bag! We have JJ Cole sales up here once or twice a year where those bags are new for $10-12. They sell a ton of cool JJ Cole stuff for pretty cheap. If you want me to tell you about them when they crop up I can. They announce them the week of sometimes.
I for sure like the one on Amazon. Also 2 times a year J.J. cole holds a clearance/seconds sale in Logan that is where their head quarters is. I will have to let you know next time and you can come up and visit me and join in with all the other crazy ladies.
I vote for the amazon bedding. It has more colors to pull from when decorating her room and the red accent is fun! And butterflies can grow with your baby, they're good decor for girls of any age. Fun choices!
I like the Amazon one. :)
Sometimes it takes days and looking around, but you can find some really great deals if you put in the time! Baby stuff is really expensive, and now you can't use 'hand me downs' from the boys because a girl on the way!!
Brad and I love love love the Amazon one!!! Super Cute and I love the butterflies! PS. I finally posted about my hair!
Post a Comment