The doctor's appointment didn't improve my morning much. I was really hoping for a report of progress or at least an admission from my doc that I was ready to be induced in the next week. Instead he had a hard time finding the heartbeat and thought the baby might be breech. At least that meant I got to have a quick ultrasound. Turns out baby is head down. She is just really high still. This means she's doing nothing to help me. Stinker. The only comforting thing my doctor could tell me was that only 10% of babies (after your first) actually drop before you go into labor, and a couple good contractions should push her down no problem. He basically looked at me sympathetically and said he was pretty sure she wasn't going anywhere for another week. I did secure a promise that we would talk more seriously about induction at next week's appointment.
I guess I better make some big plans for this week so I don't sit around feeling wronged and irritated that I'm still pregnant. The trouble is that it's just a lot of work to do outings in the snow while huge. We'll see what the week holds for us. I think we have a couple days before the next storm hits, so I will try to get the kids out of the house.
Things I Want to Do This Week (if I feel up to it/the weather cooperates):
-Go to Babies R Us and get a pink hamper for the nursery
-Buy some Dreft and wash the newborn clothes
-Take the boys to the aquarium or dinosaur museum
-Clean the tub/shower and hang the new shower curtain
-Mop the kitchen, entry, and bathroom floors (they need it badly!)
-Go on a date with Ian (even if it's just to Babies R Us) :)
-Cook dinner at least a couple nights this week
-Read Key Lime Pie
-Go through Weston and Davin's drawers and pull out all the summer clothes and add Davin's winter clothes.
-Start wrapping Christmas presents while listening to John Denver & the Muppets.
PS-Congrats to Ian on his 5 years (today!) of dedicated hard work at Verite Inc.! It's amazing to think of how our lives have changed in those 5 years.
11 comments:
Except for in Logan, that is about the most snow I've seen in Utah---and I've lived here my whole life. Hopefully it doesn't mean the whole winter will be that bad. The plows have ignored us too. Where are they?
Bad news about the baby not helping! Maybe just go to the mall to get some good walking in? My OB always says, "the same thing that got the baby in there can get the baby out" (wink, wink). It's worked for us :)
Wow that's a lot of cold white fluff! Sorry to hear baby is in no rush to come out. That's so disheartening when you're uncomfortable. It's cold here today too (I know, nothing compared to UT) so we're going to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, yum!
That is so awesome that you got to see your little girl at the last minute- I love when that happens. And take heart b/c I know many girls who've had doctors tell them not to expect anything and then their water breaks or whatever. So you never know! I'm so excited for you that you're almost there!
Snow and cold kind of stink but at least when you have a newborn you don't get out that much anyway- well at least I didn't. Good luck :)
At least it looks pretty. ;) Bummer about no induction news. I'm kinda holding out for Jim's birthday (Dec 8th) but I don't want to jinx it for you. My only consolation is that I've been there too...no fun! Keep that Christmas music playing. :)
P.S. I bought you a present today!
Yay for making a list to keep busy for the next week!
I have a few suggestions for you. Take 'em for what they're worth to you. :) If you have an exercise ball, sit on it as much as possible and move your hips in a circular motion. (Making the ball roll in very tiny circles.) It's relaxing and might help open up your pelvis a little. And (this next part may be TMI) as you lay in bed at night or for naps, visualize your cervix melting like butter or opening like a flower. That totally sounds cheesy, but it can also help you soften and relax. The absolute BEST thing you can do is just relax (I know--it's hard with 2 kids!) and take it easy on yourself. Life will be a little more hectic in another week or two!
I happen to live right by Babies R Us and can totally pick up a pink hamper for you as well as some Dreft. Then we'll have to get together so I can give it to you! Email me with what you think.
I listened to John Denver and the Muppets while decorating the house on Saturday. It totally put me in the Christmas spirit. I'll have to do it several more times. We are having the missionaries to dinner tonight and then it's get ready for SCCC rehearsal and maybe I'll wrap some presents too ;-)
Keep me posted on baby girl Bowles every move!!
Jackie's right. cough cough. ahem..
Isn't this snow crazy? :)
wow, that is quite the ambitious to-do list for ANYONE, let alone for a very prego gal with feet and feet of snow to battle! I'm sure you can get any and all of it done if you put your mind to it. You're just diligent that way. But don't forget to rest and enjoy life a lil too... :)
i just picked up my in-laws from the airport and they said it was 12 degrees in utah when they left. blegh. i sooo feel your pain. We are still snow-less here by some miracle, but i am sure our turn is coming soon. thank heaven for working furnaces. stay warm!!!
I know it's hard to stay positive, but at least you're not pregnant and over-due in the middle of summer! Keep going girl! We're all waiting in anticipation!
Post a Comment