Sunday, April 3, 2011

Daddy Discovery

We had the most gorgeous Spring weather at the end of the week. It was sunny, clear, and warm with a slight breeze. We took advantage of it and met up with some friends at Gardner Village on Thursday. We fed the ducks, wandered shops, peeked at the petting zoo animals, and hit up the candy store. I bought an entire pound of fudge for Conference weekend (although we finished it last night). :) I was seriously just basking in the sun. It was fabulous.
Friday was just as beautiful, so I took the kids to the park for a little while before we ran a couple errands. They ran and played. I walked Talia around the paths in her stroller. The breeze was a little overwhelming for her so she preferred to stay in her carseat. We came home from our errands and watched Tangled while we ate lunch. After naps I found out Ian was coming home early! Hooray! I threw together some sandwiches for dinner and then we headed out on a family date night to the Discover Gateway children's museum. Daddy had never been there with us.

I decided to just add him to our pass so he could come with us a couple more times before it expires. We had a lot of fun. Friday nights at the museum are pretty empty. It was nice to have the run of the place. Usually when we go there are LOTS of other kids. I think the boys really enjoyed getting to play on whatever they wanted. They showed Daddy all their favorite things too. Davin loves the water, Weston loves dressing up, and they both love the construction site. The helicopter is a universal favorite too, although I think Weston enjoys being in the air traffic control booth more than in the actual helicopter.



We didn't get to bed until late after our family outing, but it was worth it. We like each other and it's really fun to hang out together. Ian and I decided at the last minute that we should utilize our weekend home to work on potty training Davin, so after we got the kids to bed Friday night I ran to Walmart and picked up the necessary supplies: Marvel Heroes potty seat, Disney Pixar underwear, and a couple bags of M&M's. Update on the potty training to come.

And finally, a random picture of Talia. She is starting to wear some of her 3-6 month clothes, so I have been taking pictures of her in all the new outfits. I think this one is so cute and Springy. :)

6 comments:

joyous said...

What a fun family date night!! That helicopter is seriously cool too. I love Talia's headband especially, super cute!! Hope you enjoyed your conference weekend.

Tasha said...

Yeah for some good weather!!! It looked like snow during conference. I am sorry to you for that. I Hope you have had a nice Conference weekend too.

Emilee said...

Ivy always points out the picture of the baby on the fridge (Talia) and says "bow! bow!" because the baby has a bow in her hair.

Kate said...

There is nothing better than finding out your husband is coming home early! Woo-hoo!

Liz Smith said...

fun pictures!! i especially like the one of boys in the car and weston pumping gas. talia looks soooo cute in her spring outfit. i'm so happy you had gorgeous weather. we had a nice saturday and part of sunday, but now we have wind and rain and it's back in the 40s. i am ready to spring to be here permanently. :)

J, J and B said...

Hehe. Looks like Ian was having as much fun as the kids were at the museum! :) So fun he could join the family!