This week was busy and slow all at the same time. So basically a typical stay at home mom kind of week. I felt like this week was a little extra stressful because Ian was out of town from Wednesday morning until Thursday night. We missed him, but his meetings in California went well, and he brought us back some
Ghirardelli chocolate from San Francisco!
Highlights of our week included getting our new windows and trim installed in the den. It finally looks finished! We still need to paint the trim and re-hang the blinds, but I LOVE the new windows and the look of the trim.
Yay! And yes, that is snow you see outside. Apparently April is having an identity crisis and thinks it is January. That picture was taken yesterday and there are about 3 more inches of snow on the ground this morning with more falling right now.
Sheesh!

Another favorite from this week was this adorable picture/note Weston made for me. It's nice to know someone thinks I'm the best. :)


On our first day without Daddy we did a car craft leftover from Davin's birthday (thanks Mom and Dad!). The boys had a lot of fun covering their cars with stickers and racing them around the rug.


That afternoon we went to Chick
Fil A for dinner and it was their "family night" so there was a balloon lady there who made Weston a T-Rex and Davin a frog. They also got cute foam animals to put together. They played on the
playplace and we got a free kid's meal. Definitely a fun outing for the $10 I paid for food. After playing for awhile we ran to a couple stores to pick up birthday presents for this weekend. Weston is going to a birthday party for a friend from school and it's my dad's birthday on Sunday. By the time we got home, bathed, and to bed it was a little late. I started my chick flick movie anyway. Then my sister called. Then Ian called. Then I decided to still finish my movie. It ended up being a late night. Whoops. The kids all slept great though. Talia slept all the way until 5am!
Thursday both boys had school. It was rainy, then turned snowy in the afternoon, so I had planned to stay home. We put together their little foam craft animals from Chick
Fil A and played around with the camera.


We also made
english muffin pizzas for dinner. I hadn't done this in forever. I think the last time was when Weston was about 3. They both loved making them, but didn't eat them as enthusiastically as I had hoped. Oh well. Davin ate about half a can of olives, so I guess he was full.


I had completely forgotten that I had a training meeting with the stake, so we ended up having to bundle up and go out in the snow after all. I let the boys stay up late to wait for daddy to get home, which was mostly just annoying because then they went to bed late and weren't very nice about it. Ian got home safely though and we are glad to have him back. I have so much respect for all you wives and mommies whose husbands travel often or are in the military. It's so hard to do it all yourself and not have any other adults around to even hang out with in the evenings.
In other mommy news this week . . . Talia transitioned to napping in her crib with very little fuss. Hooray! I was all prepared for a battle and lots of "crying it out," but it was quite painless. Davin continues to be the easiest child to potty train on the planet. He tells me when he has to go and keeps his pull up dry during naps and school and outings. I think he's even almost ready to try underwear at night. Maybe next week. :)
Tonight we are getting a quickie visit from Uncle Brad! The boys are so excited to play with him. He is just crashing here for the night then going to the airport in the morning to fly to Washington. We will be painting this weekend and hopefully getting the blinds re-hung. I hate being in the den at night when everyone can see in the windows. It's kind of creepy. I'm glad we are past Ian's trip, but it ended up being a pretty successful mommy week in spite of it. I am finally finding my new normal with three kids and it feels good.
5 comments:
Go Shannon! Your chick-fil-a sounds awesome. What's the deal with no play places in Ventura County?!?! But now I want a chicken ceasar wrap. :)
And that's so nice that Talia will sleep in her crib now. Hopefully, she'll go longer than 30 minutes at a time now too.
We might have to try the english muffin pizza too, that looks fun and yummy. I love pepperoni!
What movie did you watch? I watched half of Hope Floats this week and cried my eyes out. ;)
Weston's "you're the best mom ever" note is so dang cute! Good job taking a picture and saving that, I'm sure you'll treasure it someday. I'm also going to make sure my kids see that Davin loves black olives because if they pick them off their pizza one more time, I'm gonna lose it.
I LOVE Weston's note. So so cute! Ya! English muffin pizza's. I used to make those at a child too!
Great job with Weston's writing a note. So glad that Ian is home, I hated it when Jim was on call for 24 hours and I had to do it all by myself. I would of made a terrible single mom.
Way to go Davin! Keep up the good work, and I love olives too.
Talia, what can I say what a cutie pie. hugs and kisses to all three.
I'm so glad you are getting the hang of life with three kids. Three very cute kids too ;-) I'll see you in two days!! Can't wait . . .
Post a Comment