Yesterday was bleak. I had been coming down with a cold since Saturday, but yesterday I felt awful. The weather matched. It was cold (think 30's) with a frigid wind blowing snow flurries in my face as I ran my necessary errands and did preschool runs. It was gray and I felt like this blasted Utah winter would never end. I would never be warm again. I would have boots and coats cluttering my entryway for eternity. Some days are like that.
I spent the day kind of moping and being lazy. I realized that my library movies were overdue, so I turned on Swiss Family Robinson, determined to get my $1.00 fine's worth. I hate it when I have to play late fines on books and movies that I didn't even read/watch. Anyway, I forgot how much I enjoy that movie. Weston watched most of it with me. He loved all the animals. Plus the bad guys are pirates. What 5 year old boy wouldn't love it?
I decided I was not going to try to haul myself to mutual. I sent the materials with my friend Janelle and stayed in my sweats. Ian took the boys to play at Arctic Circle after dinner so I could have a little quiet time. It was wonderful. I have to admit that I did use a little bit of the time to vacuum the front of the house. It made me feel better. Then I started on the newest Josi Kilpack book. When Ian came home he brought us some Olive Garden take out. I am in love with their chicken and gnocchi soup. We ate after we got the kids to bed. It was a good end to a blah day.
This morning the sun was shining brightly, and the forecast called for highs in the 50's (how sad that I'm excited about that forecast)! I still have a cold, but I'm feeling better. I have a tiny bit more energy and am coughing a little bit less. Davin has a cold too. I let him stay in his jammies and watch Toy Story 2 all morning. It is really amazing what a little sunshine can do for my outlook on life. I'm feeling a little guilty for yesterday's general whinyness, but you know what? I'm not going to beat myself up about it because some days are just like that.
Now back to my book . . .
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
8 comments:
I'm glad today looks better. I know what you mean about it being sad to be excited for temperatures in the 50s. The 50s are the warmest we've gotten so far here, so that's a reason to go out and play.
Yay for some sunshine!!! You deserve it. :) Now I want to watch Swiss Family. Mel did bring me some Shirley Temple movies, including some of her early shorts (Dora's Dunking Donuts anyone?!?!) so I'm pretty excited for that nostalgic movie. You'll have to let me know what you think of your book. I have a book club book to read and a couple others on the docket...time to get busy!
I was going to call you today and whine that I'm starting a cold and have a sore throat. . .but then I ran out of time. . heavy sigh. When this Invitational is over I'm hoping life will look a little better. But today was such a warm beautiful day that it really helped to be in shorts and sandals and walk out to beautiful sunshine!! It will happen in Utah. . overnight. I promise!
I LIVE for sunshine. Amen.
i agree!!!!! the sunshine makes such a difference! we have had such dreary weather too, but it's supposed to be sunny and warm and gorgeous tomorrow and this weekend and i am SOOOO EXCITED! don't feel bad for having "whiny" days. we all have them and it is OK! :) feel better soon!
I loved Swiss Family Robinson as a kid! What a nice hubby! Hope you feel better soon!!
Escaping into a book can be therapeutic when real life is looking a little drab. I just finished "Matched". It's a cross between "Uglies" and "Hunger Games". I really enjoyed it. Hope you're feeling better and I'll wish some sunshine your way :)
I am the same way! I need the sun, and it can totally change my mood! Glad it is peeking through there finally!
Post a Comment