I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. It was kind of anticlimactic after last year's big 30th bash, but it was still fun. I kicked off my birthday weekend with lunch and shopping at the outlets with my buddy Tara and her sister Tiffany. We had a great time together and it was nice to be out without kids. Thanks to Ian and Justin for watching the eight kids (separately at their own houses, but still)!
That evening Mel and Brad came over to hang for a little bit with the kids before we doubled for a fun birthday date. My kids sure love their Auntie and Uncle. Even Beckett was happy to see Brad and snuggled right up with him. :)
We went out for a fun night of bowling. My choice, of course. I love bowling! I forgot to bring socks, but the nice man at the counter gave me some for free since it was my birthday. I was embarrassingly excited about my "cool" birthday socks. We were silly and had fun bowling. We all did pretty well the first game too. By the second game Mel and I started to lose our edge and get tired, so the boys beat us pretty bad.
After that we had a little more time, but not enough to play another whole game, so we played Horse. Kind of. We agreed on a way to bowl before the frame then everyone did it and whoever got the most pins down won bragging rights until the next round. :) We bowled granny style, backwards and granny style, and under one leg. We are such nerds!
After bowling we headed up to Red Robin for dinner since I wanted fried food! It definitely hit my happy fried food spot. Love their onion rings! They brought me a ginormous piece of mud pie for my birthday dessert too. It was a super fun way to celebrate. I'm so glad Mel and Brad could go with us. They're so fun. :)
Sunday was a pretty mellow day and then my actual birthday was Monday. It was mostly a regular Monday, but I did meet up with Ian after my Sam's Club run for lunch at In N Out. I also picked myself up some cake bites at the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Yum. That afternoon I finally got Talia down for a nap and curled up on the couch to watch a little bit of Jane Eyre. I tried not to do anything boring like clean. That night we went to Dickies for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. Then I got to open my presents (I got an ice cream maker and fun movies). Ian got me an amazing ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. It made me feel fancy since we didn't do store bought ice cream cake ever growing up. It was really yummy too. It was a good day and now I'm 31. The end.


1 comment:
Really Shannon, its not the end ;-)
Post a Comment