Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Science and Swimming

Tuesday was our day to play with Auntie Jules. She took the day off work to hang with us. We decided to go to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. It participates in the ASTC program so we could get in free with our Thanksgiving Point pass. Plus it was Bubblefest! I had never been to the Discovery Science Center before. Ian took the boys a couple years ago and they loved it so they were happy to go back. 

The Bubblefest was really cool. They had all these fun bubble activities set up in the parking lot. Making giant bubbles, bubble tables, bounce houses and even a human bubble pond (that's how I am describing it since I have no idea if it has a real name). The kids all liked making the giant bubbles. Davin was the best at it. He was able to get his to close off and float away.
Weston, Davin and I all went in the human bubble pond. It was a really cool experience.  Kind of like being in a hamster wheel on water. I felt kind of silly but I'm glad I did it with the boys. They, of course, thought it was amazing and went twice. :)
The kids all played together at the bubble table. They are so cute they even got filmed by the event people! Beckett was seriously in heaven getting to splash in the bubble solution and play with the shapes. He was not at all happy when I pulled him away to wash up and go into the actual museum.
Ian took the boys to the laser light bubble show while Jules and I took Talia and Beckett into the museum. It was starting to get hot outside so we decided to play in the air conditioning. Beckett loved the exhibits with balls. These were the biggest smiles I saw all day!
Talia was getting pretty tired and grouchy, but we managed to see most of the museum. Beckett could have wandered around all day. He was fascinated by the mock space shuttle in the cube. And he loved walking around the dinosaurs outside. Talia had already been forcefully asking to go home by the time we got outside, so she was running out of patience. I think she was just still worn out from our day at Knott's. Finally when she screamed, "Take me home so I can nap!!!" I figured we were done.
Jules and I took Tal and Beck home (with lots of singing to keep them awake) and put them down for naps. Then Jules picked us up In N Out for lunch and we enjoyed the quiet house. We both got naps too. Ian and boys came home during nap time (they had stayed at the museum a little longer and then gone out to lunch) and everyone had much needed quiet time.
After the babies woke up from naps we put everyone in their swim suits and headed over the Jules and Rick's apartment. It was fun to see their cute place! The pool was deserted, which was perfect. It was also really cold, but it was 95 degrees outside so once we got in it felt amazing. The kids had a blast playing in the water. Beckett especially loved it. Towards the end Beckett and Talia had fun jumping to us over and over again. I think getting out and in made Beckett cold though, so we got out pretty soon after the jumping.
That night was Taco Tuesday at Mom and Dad's. It was so delish. Dad made carne asada and carnitas tacos. Mmm. Grandpa Bob and Davin worked on putting together Davin's new pirate puzzle that he got for his birthday from the Garcia's. We had a fun night hanging out together. I'm so glad we got to spend a whole day playing with Jules! Love my sisters!

1 comment:

joyous said...

Is that all it takes to get a nap? I'm going to have to remember that. ;) I love how you guys were able to divide and conquer so everyone had a fun day.