Thursday, April 3, 2014

SAHM Moments

I stay home with my kids. It sounds pretty basic. Boring even. And sometimes it is. But most of the time it's challenging and chaotic and exhausting (both physically and emotionally). I have been trying to pay attention to the little things more often though. I am so incredibly grateful to live the life I do and to be here for all the small moments as I watch my kids learn and grow and find joy in the world around them.

Beckett's first time coloring on purpose as a fun activity. I helped get him started with the "B." He's not a child prodigy or anything.
We had a no screen day last week and it was wonderful. Harder in a lot of ways but so great. We will definitely be doing it more often. I spent the whole day engaged as a mom, which I don't always do. We read books and played outside. The kids' favorite thing though is climbing on me. This game lasted a good 45 minutes.
Talia has been wanting to go to the "big park" lately. There is a smaller playground in the middle of our neighborhood, but she wanted to walk to the big playground with swings over by our church building. It was a nice day outside so we all trucked over to the park along with Davin's friend, Matthew. Then Talia's friend, Ellie, met us there. They were so funny making this slide train over and over again. I was surprised Talia didn't mind having people smashed up against her. I was not surprised at all that the boys loved it.
I taught Davin how to make cheese rolls with the uncooked flour tortillas. He was SO excited to learn and use that spatula. He can't reach the knobs to turn on the stove though so he still needs help but I'm ok with that. :)
Weston and Talia get along really well. Weston is usually really sweet with her and is willing to play with her outside, take her to the little park, etc. She likes to snuggle with him sometimes too. I think it's adorable. I hope he continues to be a kind big brother over the years.
While coloring a few days ago I asked Talia if she could write her name. She always tells people her name then says "it's T-L-A." I always correct her. We will see if she gets the hang of it the more we practice. Here's her first attempt.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Such cute kids!!!!

joyous said...

It's BLUE T-L-A. ;) Love all your kids...and you're an amazing mom!!