Friday, April 25, 2014

The Daily Grind

It was nice to have the weekend to recover from our trip. It was a busy, productive Saturday while Ian got the tire fixed and I did laundry and unpacked and cleaned up the house. That night Ian and I got a sitter and went out on a date. We needed a break from family time. :) We had fun going out to dinner and doing a little shopping. We went to Home Depot and bought all the stuff for our first ever gardening attempt. We are planting a container garden. We're planting a tomato plant, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, onion, green onion, and some herbs (cilantro, parsley, dill, cayenne red pepper, and basil). I'm really nervous because I'm completely clueless when it comes to gardening, but several of my neighbors know what they are doing so I will be asking lots of questions. We also hit up Kohl's to do some Spring clothes shopping for Ian. 

Sunday was pretty low key. We had some friends over for dinner and to play Settlers. We also played Guillotine, which we hadn't played in a long time. It was very fun.

Monday was back to school and work. I got back to my exercise routine and keeping Talia and Beckett entertained. Unfortunately Beckett is much too curious about how my elliptical machine works and I had to put up a roadblock so he wouldn't get hurt while I was exercising. He was NOT happy about it. Poor baby. Luckily I only work out at home on the elliptical 1-2 days a week. You know what does make Beckett happy? Watching Little Einsteins. He gets so excited every time we turn it on. It's so cute that he watches way too much Little Einsteins.
I took Tal and Beck to the dinosaur museum Monday before Davin got home from school. They had fun running around and playing in the sand. On the way out I realized a couple of my friends were there, but we had to get home to get Davin off the bus, but luckily they were available to come over for lunch. It was such a fun, impromptu lunch playdate! We will have to do it again soon!
Tuesday Davin had gymnastics and the weather was nice enough to play outside during his class.  Beckett loves this long sidewalk he can run up and down and playing in the rocks. It definitely helps the time pass quicker when we can wander outside. I'm having fun dressing Talia up in her cute new Spring clothes. I feel like I'm finally figuring out how to buy clothes for her. I'm also getting better at picking out things she likes. :) Those blue hair clips were the best $3 I've ever spent on her!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I don't know why you don't just buy Talia all blue clothes ;-)

joyous said...

Ahaha!!! Buying clothes for girls can be a minefield. Luckily, if the first one doesn't wear it, there's a good chance one of the other ones will. ;)