Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we got together with our friends, Becca and Alann, and carved pumpkins! This was Weston's first experience with pumpkin carving and not very surprisingly he was not a fan of cutting it open and touching the goop. He just watched mostly and seemed a little confused about why we were mutilating perfectly good "pun-kins". I think he also liked that he got to color on the table since it was covered with newspaper. Well, the rest of us had a pretty good time with the holiday tradition and I'm glad Weston didnt miss out on it.

I did the initial scooping out of seed and guck.
Ian took over for the more intense scraping and the actual face carving.
I just had to have a picture of Weston's face every time he was offered some pumpkin innards. He was so grossed out it was funny.
The finished product. Pirate Pumpkin . . . Aaarrrr
Weston like the finished product and showed us the eyes, nose and mouth.

5 comments:

ian said...

Note the rare appearance of ian in this entry. Usually behind the camera.

joyous said...

Your pumpkin carving looked a lot more messy than ours!! But your pumpkin turned out super-cool!! What fun. :)

joyous said...

Awww, Shannon, you know I love you. Can I help it that I'm jealous your pumpkin turned out way cooler than ours?!?!

Anonymous said...

ha ha weston is such a cutie!!! i wanted to carve pumpkins last night too!! but i ended up at knotts scary farm..... :( oh well maybe tonight! i loved your pirate pumpkin. so cool!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! that's so cute!! shannon you're such a cute pregnant!!! haha i love you!