Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thwarted!

Our weekend plans were officially thwarted! (isnt that the best word?) Anyway, I was all excited because Ian and I were going to go on a date on Friday night and bowl! However, Ian came down with all kinds of yucky sore throat blah sickness earlier in the week, so by Wednesday I assumed he wouldnt want to go out, so I didnt find a babysitter. Then, he's like well we can go out, but I dont want to go out to eat, but I wanted to go out to eat. Anyway, this is irrelevant since I hadnt gotten a babysitter. So, Friday rolls around and we decide to take Weston and still try to go bowling, so we go to check out the bowling alley right by our house, which we suspect will be extremely ghetto, but which turns out to be pretty decent, BUT it was all league games until 9pm, so we continue to another bowing alley 10 minutes away which is huge and nice, BUT the wait is an hour and a half to bowl 2 games. Unbelievable. At this point we are running low on time before Weston needed to be in bed and ideas of where to go. We ended up going to Sears randomly and getting some PJs for Weston and then hitting the Baskin Robbins. The evening was not a complete bust, but certainly not what I had planned or expected. The rest of the weekend just kind of floated by. I worked on Saturday and we had a chill Sunday and had dinner at our friends' house and played a little Scattegories. I unfortunately didnt remember to take any actual pictures of our little Friday night adventure, but here are a couple from Saturday when Weston finally put Ian's sunglasses on the right way!!! He's such a little genius. :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww look at our smart boy!!! everyone is soo jealous that i get to see him first on thursday!!! ha ha suckas!! jk! no but seriously i can't wait!

Tasha said...

I am sorry your Friday night turned into not as much fun as you wanted. I think it has happened to us way too often. At least you made the best of it and I was happy to hear there was ice cream involved at the end. Are you coming to California?? How fun if that is true!

Amy said...

I've decided life just doesn't always seem to go your way when you have kids! Especially when they end up tagging along on a date with you! haha! Gotta love kids

Anonymous said...

Awesome! So glad I can keep up this way. Please give me a call when you come out!!! I'd love to see you [duh!] The cell number should be the same...it's a 714.397...I'm not going to post the rest, but it should reference the 16th century if you catch my drift. Love you!

joyous said...

Genius?!!? I don't know much about that....how about handsome? Cute? Adorable? Big Boy? We CAN"T wait to see you guys in a few more days!